Yes! The Bridge is back!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The Bridge is back on 33, hopefully it will stay a long time! :)
The Pulse will remain on 12.

Heh.

If this was circa 2007, they'd put the Bridge on 12, make the radios say "The Pulse 12", put who the heck knows what on channel 33 with "The Bridge" as a name, and make it totally different with the Stiletto online feature, but throw Planet Jazz into the mix!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Doesn't it seem like the last time the Bridge was around (after the "E-Street Detour" and before now), it was only around for a week or so?

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I listened to the Bridge for the first time. It reminded me of a radio station I used to listen to a long time time that I liked a lot. Al Stewart, Stephen Bishop. Lots of name artists soft hits. I will listen now and again.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
I waited long enought First I have to take something back ( :bigclap: )

There I feel much better...............................................

The Bridge which some of us have come to love is no longer the Bridge we loved .

I gave it the benefit of a doubt that it might take a little bit of time after the merge but the time has expired !!

There playlist is so bad, well I know that I don't have to tell anyone who was lucky enought to have heard the original "Bridge" when it played the cuts that were never played on radio.

Elton John over and over again along with James Taylor I could name others but you all know who they are. I ask myself why them it really is ....... :sad:

Trust a word I'm still looking to YOU for SIRIUS to give to us !!!...

diane :wave:

Last edited:

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I thought it was programmed pretty good last night. They played Try and Love Again by The Eagles, which you almost never hear on the radio, along with some other good stuff.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah I think it has gotten a tad bit better. Having The Bridge is better than no Bridge I can tell you that. :)

jr461

Oct 19, 2008
Northern NJ
I also think it has improved from the pre-merge days. I think the playlist has expanded for the better. Along with more stuff that is very familiar, they are still pulling out hidden gems that weren't on before. Today, for example, I heard Mother Nature's Son by The Beatles.

They always played a ton of Elton, James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Joni Mitchell, Bonnie Raitt, etc, but they are even going further on some of the core artists.

I think there is more Don Henley and CSNY than before. And Bread seems to be an entire artist addition (perhaps due to the loss of Movin EZ?). Were the Stones played on the Bridge previously? I heard Waiting on a Friend and Wild Horses. Nice additions is they are new.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Just because they always played a lot of Elton John does that really mean we have to like it ?

I have yet have had the opportunity to hear Rickie Lee Jones, and as far as Harry Chapin and Joan Baez ( I only heard her once in the 21 days that the Bridge has been back ). What happened to Donovan ???

To be totally honest the songs that are now being played lets say the Eagles, Rod Stewart they are the songs that are on all of the other channels. Their playlist is not anywhere near as when you all introduced me to the best of the best being played on the fantastic Bridge

It's always good to get different options ( I hope )..........

I just would love for it to sound like it did the very first time I was turned on :ignore: to the Bridge

I was so exceited when it first came on, it's just not the same

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I have to say, after spending a lot of time listening at work, that the Bridge in it's current form is the best it's ever been, IMHO. They've really grown the playlist.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
I truly hope that you all are right !

Please believe me when I say that I want more then anything for the Bridge to continue to be part of Sirius/XM -

One of the Bridge's biggest fan's................. :clap::clap:

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Just because they always played a lot of Elton John does that really mean we have to like it ?

I have yet have had the opportunity to hear Rickie Lee Jones, and as far as Harry Chapin and Joan Baez ( I only heard her once in the 21 days that the Bridge has been back ). What happened to Donovan ???

To be totally honest the songs that are now being played lets say the Eagles, Rod Stewart they are the songs that are on all of the other channels. Their playlist is not anywhere near as when you all introduced me to the best of the best being played on the fantastic Bridge

It's always good to get different options ( I hope )..........

I just would love for it to sound like it did the very first time I was turned on :ignore: to the Bridge

I was so exceited when it first came on, it's just not the same

I agree with you. Its not the same as it was before it disappeared for Zepplin. And I cannot love a song on this channel with my SL2. However, it is still one of the best channels on SiriusXM. I will enjoy this version until it is removed again for another single artist channel.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
I agree with you. Its not the same as it was before it disappeared for Zepplin. And I cannot love a song on this channel with my SL2. However, it is still one of the best channels on SiriusXM. I will enjoy this version until it is removed again for another single artist channel.

Thank You, I also agree with you "still the best channel on SiriusXM"

satrad65

Oct 14, 2008
Georgia
Have been listening to "The Bridge" since it came on XM. It gets better every day. Hope they don't remove it for any special channels.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Link is broken.

Here is the article:

SIRIUS XM Radio to Launch Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio

NEW YORK, Feb 05, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Fireman Radio to give listeners unprecedented access to Paul McCartney

McCartney to host weekly "fireside chats"

SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) announced today that it will launch a limited-run channel devoted to the music of Paul McCartney, in celebration of his new critically-acclaimed album recorded under the guise of his alter ego, The Fireman. Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio will premiere on Valentine's Day, February 14 and will air through Friday, March 13 on The Bridge, SIRIUS channel 33 and XM channel 27. The channel will feature a rare in-depth and revealing interview with Paul McCartney. During the interview, the legendary artist will share his inspiration behind his secret Fireman projects.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080819/NYTU044LOGO )

Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio is an exclusive commercial-free channel, completely devoted to McCartney's legendary and expansive post-Beatles music-making and will include music from his solo records, tracks from every Wings album, the three Fireman albums, 1993's Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest, 1998's Rushes and 2008's Electric Arguments as well as musical surprises from Paul's vault.

Additionally, every week, McCartney will host a special "fireside chat" where he will discuss music, politics, news and any other topic he feels compelled to discuss.

McCartney, on Fireman Radio, will take SIRIUS XM listeners on an in-depth exploration of each song from The Fireman's latest album, Electric Arguments. He will speak candidly and openly about every track and will shed new light on this acclaimed music project, which for years has been shrouded in secrecy. On Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio, McCartney will pull back the curtain to reveal the creative process behind The Fireman. Never before has McCartney shared so many personal insights into this fascinating chapter in his musical legacy.

"Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio allows all of us the privilege to hear a revealing side of one of the world's biggest artists, sharing his work in a way that is unprecedented in its scale, unduplicated in its intimacy, and completely unique to SIRIUS XM," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM Radio.

It has been ten years since McCartney and Youth, the bassist in British post-punk rock band Killing Joke and a respected producer, have collaborated on their experimental side project, The Fireman. In November of 2008, The Fireman released their third album, Electric Arguments.

For more information, please visit SIRIUS Satellite Radio - The Best Radio On Radio or XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service

Sirius XM Radio Inc. - SIRIUS XM Radio to Launch Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio

At least it's only a month :s

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
FUCK PAUL MCCARTNEY
FUCK THE BEATLES

KEEP THE BRIDGE.

I will not listen to another Beatles or McCarney song and I certainly won't buy his latest crappy album because of this shit.

SCREW YOU PAUL.

Reactions: limegrass69