XMp3 Firmware Update V 1.18 (12/23/08) Available for Download Now

Discussion in 'XM Portables' started by DAB, Dec 23, 2008.

1. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Discuss any problems or fixes on this upgrade from V 1.08 to V 1.18 on the XMp3.

This firmware update Version, v1.18, addresses various defects that
    exist in the current SW Version, v1.08.

The key improvement is that audio no longer fades in and out between tracks within a block recording."

Available for Download Now

Please post whatever else you find that it fixes here. Since I don't have an XMp3 I can't really say what all it fixes for sure.

2. snakester

snakester Member

The player interface seems quite a bit more peppy, and I can confirm that the crossfading is gone.

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

That cross-fading almost made using the device for listening to recorded content unlistenable. I remember during my testing it drove me nuts. I also remember when the S50 did this when it was first released.

4. snakester

snakester Member

I understand why the crossfading was there now though. It makes a very strange noise between songs that aren't part of the same time block. Not loud, not annoying, just strange... it's almost like a really quiet stuttery version of the XM dropout static,or like a broken up quiet hissing. You really can't hear it unless you're listening for it though.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  5. Do you lose all your recorded content if you upgrade the firmware like the inno?

6. snakester

snakester Member

I didn't lose any of my recorded content when I upgraded.

7. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I never lost my content on the Inno when I updated the firmware? But no you shouldn't lose it, but no one can make any promises that you won't should youe expereince some sort of glitch. The possibility is always there, but it isn't normal to lose your content during a firmware update.

8. Thanks. Also curious to see if the battery last longer then 5 hours listening to recorded content.

9. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I just upgraded mine. I've not had any battery issues at all but the fading was something that I didn't like that much. Will let you know.

10. pto

pto New Member

Just upgraded. No problems. The fade-out/fade-in is gone, even on stuff I recorded before I upgraded. Two other nice fixes: it now records BBC World Service (and presumably sports and other channels where the "song title" doesn't change), and when scheduling recordings it no longer says something like "22:30AM" (it's just "22:30").

11. Oops, I confused partitioning the inno and updating the firmware.:jj:

12. I can verify that the firmware update has corrected my poor battery life. After 5 1/2 hours of portable use, I still have 1/2 battery life left!!!

13. Anyone having this new problem with V1.18: While listening to recorded content, the unit will repeat tracks, but not every track.

14. snakester

snakester Member

It seems to happen to me when I fast forward/rewind close to the start/end of a track, making me believe they broke something when they took the crossfading out.

15. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Man yaw need to junk them things and get a SL2! LOL :egypt:

16. Since they fixed the battery issues, I guess I really can't complain about the unit anymore.

17. snakester

snakester Member

No channel logos and random memory erasure? I think I'll take the slightly laggy interface and track repeating, thank you! :yesshake:

Yeah, the stuff now is just little problems. They should get it ironed out over the next firmware update or two if it's anything like the Inno went.

18. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well you are just a meany! LOL :bluecool:

19. Weird little quirk here: None of my scheduled recording have recorded since 01-01-09. My schedule remained intact, but never recorded. I ended up having to erase the schedule and start a new one to get it to record again. :twitch:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  20. snakester

snakester Member

I didn't have any recordings set before I upgraded so I can't comment.