Xmlm or hardattack

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by KTMCDO, Oct 28, 2008.

1. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

which metal station will we be getting on the 17th?

2. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Why does everyone assume that one is going away instead of combining the playlists of the 2?

If one does go away, I hope they keep whichever one that plays the least "Cookie Monster" metal.

3. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

I've been trying to find out. I haven't gotten an answer yet.

4. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

hmm, hope hard attack stays since I know what to expect

big difference between it and the xm counterpart??

5. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Hard Attack is more mainstream. XMLM plays a lot more underground bands. I prefer Hard Attack. Check out this thread I made on Xmfan comparing the two.

XMFan.com :: #1 Fan Site of Sirius XM Satellite Radio :: Two solid hours with XMLM and Hard Attack

I communicated quite a bit with both Jose and Ward Cleaver over the years, and I can't get any info from either one of them. All I can say is that there will be a metal station. I've almost been led to believe it will be an all new station but that's an assumption reading between the lines of things I've been told.

6. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Also, whatever happens, I hope "The Ultraviolence" show from XMLM is able to stay on the air as well as Ian Christe's Bloody Roots program from Hard Attack.

7. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I'm a fan of Hard Attack and I hope it stays!

8. johnnyfever78

johnnyfever78 New Member

XMLM has coolguy! :) And the music is better. Deeper playlists.

9. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

:headbang: Hard Attack plays heavier music!!! :headbang:

10. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

I'm wondering how this whole consolidation of channels is going to pan out. I like Hard Attack better but the play list isn't as deep as XMLM. Since they'll be able to use both playlists maybe it'll just be a deeper Hard Attack?

11. awfulwaffle

awfulwaffle Member

Why do you worry so much about how deep the fuckin playlist goes. You are in the minority, so suck it up and deal. People don't sit and listen to satellite radio for hours on end every day. The only time I ever listen to the radio is when I'm driving around in my car, as well as a huge percentage of the people that own satellite radio. You need the hits to appease those people that only get in their car and drive to work. Trust me, the Sirius business plan and channel setup was working for them.

12. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

I just got this in a myspace bulletin from Hard Attack:

13. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Ya! I say keep Hard Attack, dump LM!

14. givemealiter

givemealiter Member

god i hope its xmlm, its got more of an underground feel, i heard metallica on hard attack, and thats not metal enough for me.

15. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Quite frankly if all I used satrad for was my car ... I would cancel. Its a pretty heafty price just for incar driving.

16. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I was wondering this also. Didn't XM take off XMLM for a while and then the listeners demanded it back? Hard Attack has become a very recognizable name in metal and I can't see them getting rid of it. Maybe they're just making some changes in the playlist.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  17. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Yea XMLM did go away and came back, I agree on what you say about Hard Attack. Quite of bit I know recognize that name and maybe Hard Attack can do a playlist close to XMLM, but still play the pure heavy metal!

18. awfulwaffle

awfulwaffle Member

No don't touch the playlist. What's wrong with Hard Attack now? Not deep enough for you? Not enough unknown songs that nobody ever hears?

I'm sorry but if you look at the ratings, all the top channels are the HITS stations. That's why they play the hits.

19. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I guess your not familiar to the classic heavy metal?

20. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I always thought Hard Attack was pretty good at balancing hits with more obscure songs. It's not like much of this music gets played on the radio outside of satellite anyway. I wouldn't mind a deeper playlist.