XM telephone customer service leaves a lot to be desired

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Bandit 5160, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Okay, I call to activate my new XM radio today. I get a machine at first, and it will not comprehend me and will not do what I want to do. So then I say "customer servce". After a 10-minute wait, I get this foreign woman who I can't understand for the life of me. But from what I do understand, she's insisting I alraedy have a previous XM account, which I know I do not. Finally, she transfers me to someone else, who simply says "we can't activate radios right now...call back in 30 minutes." I then go home, turn on the computer, and get the radio activated online...whew!

Then I call Sirius to cancel that account. They ask why, I tell them I now have XM, they say they understand, tell me I have a refund coming, and are very nice about it all. Makes me wish just a bit I hadn't left them!

2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I would say both have there ups and downs regarding customer service.

I've never really had a hard time with either one. If I can't get my point across to one of the CSR's, I just tell them I'll call back later, or I ask to speak with a manager. It's nothing against the CSR.

Sometimes people just get a little out of hand when they can't get their point across...:right:

:)

3. lronglien

lronglien Member

CS

Hopefully this will be solved with a unified customer service division in 2009.