WTD 2010 Week 8 - Underground Garage

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The coolest rock 'n' roll records ever made. Whether they're 50 years old or 50 minutes old ... if they’re rocking, they're coming from The Underground Garage. Produced by E Street Band member and Sopranos cast member "Little Steven" Van Zandt.

Artists You'll Hear
The Beatles, The Ramones, the Rolling Stones, Bo Diddley, The Who, The Hives, The Yardbirds, The Byrds, The Stooges, The White Stripes

Lots of special programs... see website for details!

On Sirius 25, XM 59

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

BlobServer

Last edited by a moderator:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Here's what I said last time around-
"I have been listening to it, sometimes liking what they are playing, sometimes not. I have been waffling over it should make it as a preset, and decided no, but will keep it in mind for when I want something different."

Been listening this week, and I'm not really into it. I guess I'm getting old and not "hip" enough anymore.... :p 3 Stars

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
As the previous post said, it is good if you want something different to listen to. Some music (some good/some bad) you have never heard which is a good thing sometimes. I am guessing they do not have too many repeats on this channel.

There is a lot of DJ chatter but at least it is productive (about the music not about themselves).

Not quite my cup of tea but I will give it 3 of 5 stars.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Great channel. Lots of variety :)

-1 Chatty DJ's
-1 Songs I've never heard nor should have never been played for the public :worried:

I love this channel, but the DJ's can become too chatty. Give quick bits then shut up and play the songs. The variety is great, but it's almost too good. Don't play the crap. Play the good stuff.

The fact that they play a lot of great stuff makes up for the rest. 4 out of 5 Stars :cool:

budm0318

Nov 16, 2008
Sonoma County, CA
My favorite SiriusXM stream. Lots of great, simple, rock-n-roll, from the 60's classics to new stuff not heard anywhere else. DJ's are knowledgable experts and, contrary to the sentiments of earlier posters, not too chatty. Always a set of 4-5 songs followed by a few relevant and poignant comments from the hosts. #1 preset. 5 stars!

Reactions: Aaron

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Xm 59

I have listened to this before. Good show.

The Drew Carey Show

Tomorrow 4:00 pm ET (1/28/11)
America’s favorite game show host (The Price Is Right) returns to Little Steven’s Underground Garage to host his monthly rock ‘n’ roll show. Hear great music and stories including how almond milk will change your life. It’s the kind of program that could only come from the mind of one of the great comics of our time. (3 hrs)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
This Friday April 1st:

Chicks and Broads
First Friday of the month at 10 pm ET
On Chicks and Broads, the legendary Genya Ravan highlights some of the great women in rock and roll history