WTD 2010 Special - SIRIUS|XM'S BEACH PARTY RADIO

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
BlobServer

Pack your jammies & kick off the summer fun with SIRIUS|XM's Beach Party Radio. Get the ultimate soundtrack for your BBQs, holiday parties and beach getaways featuring the biggest summer-themed party hits from a variety of genres. The exclusive three-day engagements starts Friday, May 28 at noon ET and runs all through Memorial Day Weekend on The Strobe, SIRIUS Ch. 81, XM Ch. 83.

WARNING! - This is NOT a Deney Terrio Product :shock:

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:churn:

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Yap. They are really mixing it up on this one. It went from Charlie Daniels to Prince to Lovin Spoonful to Lady Gaga. I think I will listen a little bit longer.

Happy Summer to everybody on DRC

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
For the most part, as one might expect, similar to the channel that put up on New Year's eve.....but there's just enough of a difference to make it enjoyable to listen to. Instead of the club dance songs, they're throwing stuff like (as already mentioned) Charlie Daniels and Hank Jr.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I LOVE THIS CHANNEL!

I didn't expect to. Decided to give it a listen. Great music. Even found myself liking a couple of c-rap songs played.

5 stars. Too bad it disappears after Monday.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Been listening all morning. What a wide variety! 4 ☼s

Lo me gusto! Esta muy bueno!!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I LOVE THIS CHANNEL!

I didn't expect to. Decided to give it a listen. Great music. Even found myself liking a couple of c-rap songs played.

5 stars. Too bad it disappears after Monday.

My wife also became addicted to this channel. It is the first channel we have both loved. We both like the 70s and 80s so its what we listen to when together. This one has been on for both of us.

If they were to make this a channel, they would need to expand the playlist somewhat. Have heard lots of songs 3-4 times now.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I little bit repetitive and 70s leaning, but pretty good overall. 4 stars. :bigthumbup:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I gave it 4 stars. I found it refreshing in terms of the deeper playlist, but then after then today it did started getting a bit repetitive as flap jackson said. Overall though I like it a lot and heard some music I've not heard in a while, in fact I got some new songs to add to some of my Slacker stations.

Good Job Sirius! This actually had me missing Sirius Shuffle, I always like that channel a great deal!

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
As mentioned, they'd probably have to stretch the playlist out some. I'm not sure about doing it straight through to Labor Day, but I wouldn't mind them putting a channel like this up every weekend through Labor Day weekend. Maybe start it up at noon eastern on Fridays and then at midnight eastern Sundays (Sunday night going into Monday morning) shut it down.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Sorry to rub it in but I actually listened to this beach channel AT THE BEACH. :ter:

I liked it a lot but the group I was with preferred listening to The BRIDGE which was cool.

I give the BEACH Channel 4 of 5 stars for the variety.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I listened to this channel last weekend for about five total hours. I heard a few repeats, but for the most part, it was really great :)

I loved the selection of music. Great for a party. I give it 5 out of 5 Starts :cool:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Last night, I heard on the VIRIUS that Beach Party Radio is coming back by "popular demand" this holiday weekend. I think they said Thursday July 1 starting at noon. :ter:

XM 83

Reactions: semipenguin

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Listened off and on all last weekend (whenever they played Beach Boys until they played a song I didn't want to hear). Overall I was surprised at the mix, I could see it in the background of a BBQ. Kudos to SiriusXM. 4 stars.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I liked this version better than the last. Less repatition. More variety. I think in May they thew something together and hit a home run. This time it looked like they put some more thought into it and hit another home run.

I really hope they give this channel a permanent home. It is simply awsome. Of course if they keep it on "The Strobe" much longer they are going to have to stop calling the channel "Cinemagic".

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Back Labor Day Weekend

BlobServer

Pack your jammies & kick off the summer fun with SIRIUS|XM's Beach Party Radio. Get the ultimate soundtrack for your BBQs, holiday parties and beach getaways featuring the biggest summer-themed party hits from a variety of genres. The exclusive three-day engagements starts Friday, May 28 at noon ET and runs all through Memorial Day Weekend on The Strobe, SIRIUS Ch. 81, XM Ch. 83.

WARNING! - This is NOT a Deney Terrio Product :shock:

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:churn:

It is back.....Let's review it again. :cool:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I liked this version better than the last. Less repatition. More variety. I think in May they thew something together and hit a home run. This time it looked like they put some more thought into it and hit another home run.

I really hope they give this channel a permanent home. It is simply awsome. Of course if they keep it on "The Strobe" much longer they are going to have to stop calling the channel "Cinemagic".

Another good run this time. They need to find a new home for this. Party Radio in the winter. Perhaps it would fit in nicely on channel 100 come January ...