WTD 2010 Special - ELTON!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Tune in to ELTON!, a limited-run music channel celebrating the release of Elton John and Leon Russell’s The Union. The week-long engagement will feature an exclusive interview with Elton and Leon conducted by director Cameron Crowe, during which Elton will talk about The Union, out October 19, as well as highlights from his 41-year career.

Plus hear interviews with T-Bone Burnett, who produced the new album, and singer-songwriter and Elton John collaborator Bernie Taupin, as well as special guest DJ sets from longtime Elton fans Robert Downey Jr. and Andy Roddick.

ELTON! will take over the Bridge, SIRIUS Ch. 33 and XM Ch. 27, October 15 – 22. For online and mobile, ELTON! Can be heard on SIRIUS XM Limited Engagements, SIR Ch. 810; XMRO Ch. 39. For more information on The Union, visit www.eltonjohn.com

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
been listening for 2 hours. Not much of an Elton fan per se, but not too bad. Andy Roddick is DJ'ing now, its ok. Wish they had a schedule of when Downey was on, that might be something to listen to. Anyway, I give it 3 stars.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Elton Channel Schedule

Andy Roddick Guest DJ
Today 12:00 pm ET
Hear tennis star and Elton John fan Andy Roddick guest DJ, playing an hour of his favorite Elton songs. (1 hr)
Rebroadcast: Tonight 8:00 pm ET; Tomorrow 2:00 am ET

Elton John and Leon Russell Elton John Interview with Cameron Crowe
Tomorrow 12:00 pm ET
Hear Elton John talk with his friend (and multi-talented journalist/director) Cameron Crowe all about his amazing career. Plus, Elton's longtime songwriting partner Bernie Taupin (also a host on SIRIUS|XM's The Loft) contributes to this exclusive interview. (1 hr)
Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 8:00 pm ET; Wed 10/20 2:00 am ET

Robert Downey Jr. Robert Downey Jr. Guest DJ

Wed 10/20 12:00 pm ET
Tune in to hear Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr. guest DJ, playing his favorite songs by Elton. (1 hr)
Rebroadcast: Wed 10/20 8:00 pm ET; Thurs 10/21 2:00 am ET

Elton John and Leon Russell The Union Interview

Thurs 10/21 12:00 pm ET
Hear Elton and Leon Russell discuss their new album, The Union, in an interview conducted by Cameron Crowe with contributions from Bernie Taupin and by T-Bone Burnett, who produced the new album. (1 hr)
Rebroadcast: Thurs 10/21 8:00 pm ET; Fri 10/22 2:00 am ET

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have enjoyed it when I scan by it. Haven't really listened for a consistant period (too much new stuff or stuff not from his 70s & 80s period). But I really like his 70s stuff and most of his 80s stuff. As with any single artist channel, its taste depends entirely on your like of the artist in question.

I will give it 3 stars (only because The Bridge is still available online).

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I listened to this 4 hours at work today. I enjoyed it but they had some repeats in songs during that time span. :confused:

I still enjoyed the songs I had never heard him sing before. 4 of 5 stars

Last edited: