WTD 2009 Week 15 - Hip Hop Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
BlobServer

The top of the Hip-Hop Chart makers and emerging artists from the East coast, West coast and Worldwide. All Hip-Hop!

Genres

* Hip Hop
* R&B
* Metromix
* Urban

Artists You'll Hear

* T.I.
* Lil’ Wayne
* Kanye West
* The Game
* Nas

Sirius Channel 40/XM Channel 67

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:)

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I think you need to add that you'll hear pointless conversations by chatty DJs more than songs and if there is a song being played, 75% of the time it doesn't have a song ID. RIP People's Choice :(

JayDizz

Jan 3, 2009
This has always been a disappointing channel for me. It does a poor job of representing a prolific genre. It's too "pop-rap" focused and the brilliant stuff is virtually ignored. There may be quality song once an hour or so but I won't sit through all of the garbage to hear one song that doesn't suck. I'd like to see more progressive and underground hip hop added to the mix. HHN sounds too much like my local FM urban station. Two stars.

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
Hip Hop is not a genre of music that I find enjoyable. For the fair rating of the channel though I give it 2 stars for the same reason that tsave31 stated. One of the big reasons I pay for Sirius is so that I dont have to listen to more talk than music on a music channel.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I felt a little guilty going to this channel after reviewing The MESSAGE. :p

This is not my cup of tea although I do enjoy XM68 THE HEAT (non XL) on occasion.

2 of 5 stars

Last edited:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
This is not my cup of tea although I do enjoy XM68 THE HEAT (non XL) on occasion.

2 of 5 stars

:bigthumbup:

Why should I listen to this channel when I can get a 60% mix of hip-hop on the the hit stations? Plus I hate most of the genre:thumbsdown:

RyanSirius

Oct 11, 2008
Too pop focused. Funny how Grandmaster Flash is the icon you used...This station isn't true to hip hop culture. It is a trend chaser. Still, we need it on Sirius/XM; there are some good (and a few great) mixshows. It's relly important that we keep this station for the mixshows alone.

jcrean

Nov 10, 2008
Rock Hill, SC
With The Message and Hip-Hop Nation, it's going to be a tough Walk-the-Dog this week. I'm not looking forward to listening to either of these channels.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I listened to Hip Hop Nation early this morning. From around 4:30-7:00am. Not a lot of DJ talk during that time. For that two and a half hours I only heard one repeat, which is good.

I like listening to Hip Hop every once in a while. It's not something I listen to everyday. Tomorrow I may listen during the day, but for right now, I think it's a good channel...:)

4 out of 5 Stars...:cool:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I will just say this, I like HipHop in doses, but this channel just doesn't do it for me at all. I find the Slacker HipHop stations to be far better!

In fact the whole R&B/Urban genre on Sirius XM is pretty poor right now in my opinion!

cldoobie

Jan 17, 2009
SW Ohio
In fact the whole R&B/Urban genre on Sirius XM is pretty poor right now in my opinion!

Pretty much, shade 45 has been awful lately and isn't any different than HHN anymore. If it wasn't for backspin coming back and the rock channels I'd probably cancel.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
This has always been a disappointing channel for me. It does a poor job of representing a prolific genre. It's too "pop-rap" focused and the brilliant stuff is virtually ignored. There may be quality song once an hour or so but I won't sit through all of the garbage to hear one song that doesn't suck. I'd like to see more progressive and underground hip hop added to the mix. HHN sounds too much like my local FM urban station. Two stars.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.