WTD 2008 Week 1 - Underground Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Channel 25 on Sirius, 59 on XM.

The coolest Rock and Roll records ever made, whether they are 50 years old or 50 minutes old. The format is based on the British Invasion of 1964/1965 and features The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Kinks, Yardbirds, Who, Dave Clark 5, Hollies, Animals, Herman's Hermits, and -- uniquely -- adds everything that influenced the British Invasion: the Pioneers (Little Richard, Bo Diddley, Jerry Lee Lewis), the Girl Groups (Shirelles, Crystals, Shangri-La's), Surf (Jan and Dean, Dick Dale, Beach Boys), Soul (Sam Cooke, Arthur Alexander, Smokey Robinson). Plus, everything the British Invasion influenced Folk-Rock (Byrds, Turtles, Grassroots), Psychedelic (Cream,Traffic, Love), Classic Nuggets (Music Machine, Standells, Easybeats) and Punk/Pre-Punk (Ramones, New York Dolls, Stooges). The channel also prominently features today's coolest new music (White Stripes, Hives, Kaiser Chiefs). Created and Executive Produced by Little Steven.

Lots of cool programs, see website for more details...
SIRIUS Satellite Radio - The Best in Garage Rock, Steven Van Zandt and More!

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

channel-25.gif

Last edited:

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
Great channel if you like Rock n Roll. I discovered it about 3 months ago and listen all the time. I always thought it was garage bands or something, but it is a really good mix of music....give this channel a chance...to me, it is one of the best on Sirius XM

Reactions: Aaron

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I listened a few times, when I heard some Modest Mouse on there.

I really like that they now have the Breakfast with The Beatles on Sundays.

I'll be walking with this one this week.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
This is really a good channel...good programming all the way around!

If the programming was this good before the merger, then I have no idea why I never at least gave the channel a chance. But I thought the same as you did, I thought it was only grungy garage bands.

I need to start "walking the dog" more often. ;)

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
If the programming was this good before the merger, then I have no idea why I never at least gave the channel a chance. But I thought the same as you did, I thought it was only grungy garage bands.

I need to start "walking the dog" more often. ;)

I really haven't noticed much of a change in the playlist...it's always been songs i've never heard, but i generally like most of then, especially in the context of the entire playlist...good channel to have on in the back ground...

glad to see others digging it...to me it is one of the best on satrad...and it's great radio!

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
Like a lot in this thread, I always avoided it thinking it was music made and played by a bunch of guys who are supposed to be working on something but became too intoxicated to do so, and started playing music and singing. I gave it a half hour and am still listening. As of now, it is way better than what I expected it too be but will have to listen longer to decide whether or not it will gain preset status.

GrĂĽpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I listen to this station off and on, more so after the merged channels happened. Some of it just isn't my cup of tea, but I like it for the nights I just want to hear something different then what I usually listen to all day. It's not a preset yet, but I'm going to listen some more tonite and probably end up making it one.

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
After listening to it for a while longer I may listen to it off on and on, but will not make it a preset. There is good stuff on there, but there is also some cheese there too.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
What's with all the people on here who are against so-called "garage rock"? I take that label to mean music that hasn't been overproduced to death and still sounds authentic, like the White Stripes, who recorded (or at least used to) onto analog eight tracks and never used computers in the whole process. I guess "garage rock" has a connotation of a bunch of 15 year olds butchering Metallica songs in an actual garage.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
All you fancy-pants pretty boys with your "garages." I call it a car hole. ;)

Anyway, this isn't a bad station. A lot of the bands are one-trick ponies without much talent, but there's good stuff too. It all sounds like stuff Little Steven would listen to. Is he still involved with this channel?

awax

Nov 9, 2008
Edmond, Ok
I'm a long time Sirius listner but never gave this channel two-cents. Not sure why. Like many others in this thread I too think it is a great channel. Although covering only one genre, it's seems a little 'Disorderly'...if you know what I mean.:yesshake:

Music_Rube

Oct 17, 2008
This is an interesting channel. It might be worthy of a preset soon! Most of the artists/bands played while I listened I've never heard of, but this channel definitely has a unique sound to it. It is almost like a different version of Deep Tracks to me.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Great channel if you like Rock n Roll. I discovered it about 3 months ago and listen all the time. I always thought it was garage bands or something, but it is a really good mix of music....give this channel a chance...to me, it is one of the best on Sirius XM

Same here. It surpised me how good this station is. I heard a cover of I GOT YOU BABE which was very cool. It is my GO TO channel when I want to listen to Rock n Roll.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
I'm really liking this channel a lot more than I thought I would. It basically seems to be an older skewing version of Fungus with a bit more diversity. The only reason I've never listened to it before, like most here is because of the title of the channel, and that was a mistake. it might not make my presets, but I'll be checking in on it sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.