WTD 2008 Holidays - Party City (Party Till Ya Drop) Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
So far I've liked everything I've heard except maybe "Head Games" by Foreigner. Not really sure I would consider that a "Party" song but ok, I'll drink to it anyway!

I don't know, I think this would make a cool full time station.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
This channel works perfectly as background noise for parties and events.

Great channel for all of those party makers this year.

4 stars. :)

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Party City is a cool channel. At first I thought I'd not like its format too much, but it has been fun to listen to! It is a bit like the former Sirius channel Super Shuffle. Well guys, if Party City were to be kept, something would have to go. Otherthan a single-artist channel (we know that would not happen), what would you recommend be cut to make room for it? I'd say either Hair Nation or the upcoming Boneyard- those seem like they'll be twins to me.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I'm glad this channel is making so many people happy. It's not done a thing for me...:right:

I do like a lot of this music, but it's all over the place. Kinda like Super Shuffle. I wasn't too much a fan of Super Shuffle, but it did make a lot of people happy...:)

I give it 3 out of 5 Starts...:)

crazeecarroll

Oct 18, 2008
This is my first WTD, but I will say I really like Party City... I really think Party City if programmed correctly could hold it's own weight... I give it 4 stars... CC

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Here's a thought, seeing as it's a party channel how about making it a weekly show starting Friday night and continuing on until sometime Sunday morning? Sure, every song may not be your style but it's made to appeal to a wide range of tastes making it perfect for a party with a mixed crowd :)

Reactions: Aaron

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I didnt get to listen to this channel like I wanted, it started late on the Sirius side, and couldnt listen last night much, but I think its something I'd love to have as a regular channel on the presets for those night at the APT. with my roomates hanging out and drinkin beers.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It certainly had a wide open playlist and I enjoyed it a great deal. Almost can't wait for next year to get it back again! LOL Nah, I can wait! The years already go by fast enough!

Road Hog

Nov 9, 2008
Massachusetts
As others have said, this one was a lot like Sirius Shuffle, although with not quite as much variety.

But it serves its purpose! Enjoyable.

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
Sounds: Party music

Positives: Had a very extensive playlist with not many artist or song repeats, some things that haven't been heard by most in decades. Imaging for the station is very party atmosphere

Negatives: It was a little confusing and felt a little stretched at times when you'd hear a liner that said "this is a party hit that has stood the test of time!" and you're questioning if that really is the case and how exactly they came up with that designation.

# of glasses of champagne: 4 out of 5

Overall: I'm not entirely sure what denotes something as a party hit. Is it something that everybody's likely to sing along to? Is it hit songs that you've heard again and again? I'm not sure, but this was a uniquely mixed atation.

Status
Not open for further replies.