WTD 2008 Holidays - Holiday Pops

Discussion in 'WTD Archives' started by Aaron, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Airing November 27 - December 25 on Sirius channel 79, XM channel 77

Holiday Pops will broadcast beloved carols sung by the greatest classical musicians of all-time including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, Boston Pops and Leontyne Price among others. Holiday Pops will air beginning Thanksgiving Day November 27 at midnight ET through Christmas Day, December 25.

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

That is good quality Christmas music. I would probably be more inclined to listen on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

3. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Very well put. I agree 100%.

4. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I would say the same for this channel that I did for Holly:

5. squigy0

squigy0 Member

Sounds: Traditional Christmas orchestrated. Traditional and non-traditional choral arrangements.

Positives: The traditional orchestral music gives the channel a really alive, full sound. The non-traditional choral music is what keeps the channel from befalling the always possibility of a lot of reptition

Negatives: I heard the same station ID "Just what you need for the end of the year" at least 3 times during my listening so too much repetition of that. I also heard a DJ on the channel, and that just makes no sense

# of Stockings: 4 out of 5

Overall: When my family and I are putting up the Christmas tree then on Christmas opening up presents, we always have this station on! It sets the mood perfectly

6. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

One can only listen to Holly so much... :cool:
    I finally gave Holiday Pops a listen yesterday and now I'm hooked. Some beautiful choral songs here!
    They appear to play a lot of obscure stuff, which is good and bad. I prefer the songs I'm familiar with, but the big playlist keeps it interesting.

Good channel, I'm sure I will listen plenty between now and Christmas. :bigthumbup:

7. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Not a lot of reason for a college aged student like me to listen. Aside from listening when with the family on xmas via Dish network, this is a channel that I won't listen to to get into the christmas spirit, but it seems well programmed and great for people who cant get enough xmas spirit.

8. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Tried it out for a little while, good classical channel too listen for a while.

9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Escape is playing some nice Christmas music.
    :siriusdog:

10. Road Hog

Road Hog Member

It is a nice change of pace. I enjoyed it. I will be back here on Christmas Eve.

11. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Great channel. Love the tunes and format. Can't wait for it to end so I can start looking forward to it next year...:)

5 out of 5 starts...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.