Wish you could swap SID's online

Spiritgreywolf

Dec 10, 2008
It would really be nice if they allowed you to swap receivers online. I had to return my S2 to Best Buy for a replacement (volume up button pushed in - never came back). Wasn't until late tonight that I could swap it - now I have to call tomorrow because they're closed.

Makes no sense. They want to save money? - how about allowing us to manage more of our accounts online so we don't have to call? Not a hard thing to do...

Sad thing is - this is my second replacement radio - and during the first time I swapped radios the person on the phone tried to charge me an activation fee... I was like wait a minute - I'm calling you to CANCEL my old receiver so I can swap it with a working radio and you're charging me to replace YOUR defective product? Oh man was I hot over that one. She quickly went "oh, your old radio was broken?" and then waived the fee.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Right but if your radio had not been broken she would have charged you, that is what they do now. It's a pisser for sure!

I have told anyone calling make sure you tell them you are swapping because your tuner broke otherwise get ready to pay an activation fee. They use to do this for free, but not any more.

SiriusShawn

Nov 7, 2008
Connecticut
I'm on my third radio since joining Sirius in 2004. I've not had to pay an activation fee, I just explained each time that I was changing my SID due to a hardware failure and the CS rep waived the fee with no questions asked.

I suspect that the reason you have to call to swap is so the CS rep can confirm the reason for the swap, as long is this remains a painless affair it's okay with me.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I suspect that the reason you have to call to swap is so the CS rep can confirm the reason for the swap, as long is this remains a painless affair it's okay with me.

I've done a lot of swaps in the past and they have never once asked me why I needed to swap. I only started telling them it was due to hardware failures when they started charging. Something tells me that they are going to get a lot of "bad hardware" excuses now that they charge for any other reason. So much for buying new radios just for the sake of having the latest and greatest...