winehouse dead

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
It's sad, but I do have a hard time feeling too bad for a person who was blessed with talent and a successful career, then throws it all away on dope and booze.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
She was a drug-addicted pig. Screw her.

She had the resources to get help yet chose not to.

/no compassion.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
maybe she had too much too fast....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R3WBhod0sE]‪Grateful Dead - Shakedown Street - Live‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I know it's not nice to trash the dead, but Winehouse messed up, plain and simple.

Look at Kurt Cobain. He was talented, yes, but he was a junkie and even put his daughter in danger. A family friend of mine even worked for Warner Bros. Records - which once distributed Geffen, Nirvana's label's output - and met him once. He was an ungrateful jerk.

It didn't shock me one bit that even her father planned her epitaph before her death. She was a real Candy Slice.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Wow, you guys sound like a bunch of uncompassionate assholes. Obviously you have no idea what addiction can do to a person. Sure it was her own fault she got into drugs but it's a long hard road through hell to get out and she didn't make it. I feel sorry for her and her freinds and family. I really feel bad for her parents, can you imagine for a second how they feel? What if your son or daughter died of drug addiction, how would you feel?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Wow, you guys sound like a bunch of uncompassionate assholes. Obviously you have no idea what addiction can do to a person. Sure it was her own fault she got into drugs but it's a long hard road through hell to get out and she didn't make it. I feel sorry for her and her freinds and family. I really feel bad for her parents, can you imagine for a second how they feel? What if your son or daughter died of drug addiction, how would you feel?

:chillpill: :blah:

Of course a bit of sympathy should be felt for the friends and family, if they weren't enablers.

I have no sympathy for her or any drug user. I chose, throughout my life, NOT to get involved in drugs because I knew the road it leads people down. And sometimes that was the hard choice.

I know we have some current and past drug-users on this board, and I give total credit to the ones who quit the shit and wish the ones who still use to discontinue.

Boo-fuckin-hoo about her. One less junkie.

I know I don't feel bad about DUI driver who drive 100mph and kill themselves, either.

Wolf

Rainbow Sherbet WILL ALWAYS BE ICE CREAM!
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
Too bad, that she passed away while she was still young. But she followed the path of being a junkie. She kept touching the stuff, so she was asking for it. But still R.I.P. Amy!

I'm not a fan of her, but I do like this song.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTPRJqt2z4]‪Amy Winehouse - Rehab‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I heard that someone tried to make her go to rehab, but she repeatedly said "no".

You're about a day late on that joke. I made it 24 hours ago. :hatsoff:

And Bly, your point is valid, but mind the name calling. I feel bad that she's dead, and I feel bad for her family and friends. I think a lot of people get upset about people like her that have the world on a silver platter then blow it with something senseless like drugs.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 ¶ Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Last edited: