Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Casual Fan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

That's the dumbest thing Microsoft has done in a long time. Don't they realize the odd numbered releases are the good ones (the opposite of Star Trek movies)?

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Maybe the DO know about the odd # situation......
    Just thinking out loud here....

Sent from Tapatalk.

4. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

That will make my parents happy. They have Windows 7 now so their good for a while. Windows 7 is really nice.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

5. Casual Fan

Microsoft PR department, drafting press release: "Which version is this? 9? 10? Fuck it. Go with 10. If they don't like it, they can cart their asses down to the basement and write their own press releases...on Office 2003!"

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I want a new laptop, but I don't want to deal with 8. I also don't want to wait till the end of 15. Ef U MS. And iFU Apple for givin us 8.0.2. Of all of the times to emulate MS......shame on you Apple.

Ehilbert1 likes this.
  7. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

Windows 8 is the epitome of SUCK. Its the equivalent of Windows ME and Vista. Garbage. No one needs a laptop to function like a tablet. I need my computer to be a traditional laptop. No one cares about tiles on their home PC.

With that being said.....Windows 10 has a start menu and upgraded features from Windows 7?

Time to upgrade my lappy once 10 comes out at the end of 2015.

microbob and HecticArt like this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

It doesn't matter for me, hopefully I'll be going to Mac by end of the year.

9. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

It's a shame 3rd party operating systems aren't more prevalent.

I hear Linux can be cool.

blyons200 likes this.
  10. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

My wife went Mac and I soon followed with the iMac. Their great machines! What scares me is how Apple is F'Ning up iOS8. I hope that doesn't transition to Mac.

Wolf likes this.
  11. Casual Fan

It is, but it helps to be a geek. My experiences with it always involved a lack of OEM driver support. It always seemed to work 98 percent okay on my system, but that wonky 2 percent drove me nuts. For example, my laptop wouldn't wake up from sleep mode. Or the OS wouldn't park the hard drive before it shut down, so you'd be met with a lovely whining sound as it spun to a stop when the power died.

The best part about Linux is that it's uber-customizable (which is a negative if you don't know what you're doing), and there is a shit ton of cool open source software available.

12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

for some reason it bothers me they are skipping 9. not sure why, its not like it matters. it just bothers me. the videos ive seen of it do look cool though.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  13. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Hey, they skipped Windows 96, 97 and 99. No one was bothered then.

14. Casual Fan

My favorite is Windows 1974. It had wifi, but you had to adjust the rabbit ears for the best signal.

HecticArt, microbob and blueneon36 like this.
  15. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have a Vista machine, and a 8.1 machine. the 8.1 is mostly my streaming tv machine. Should I upgrade to a 10 or get an Imac?

16. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I have 8.1 and it's fine...then again, I'm just a basic home user with MS Office, Google Chrome, etc. I don't use the tiles. When I start up, it goes straight to the screen that resembles previous version of Windows, not the tile screen.

I can see why they wanted to do it... it's one GUI for tablets, phones and computers...but on computers, the tiles certainly are a head-scratcher.

17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I don't know, when I will buy a mac, but since at end of the year Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 for security updates. I was checking Leo Laporte podcast over at The Tech Guy | with Leo Laporte and found out you can download Windows 10 for free for beta testing for a while at Home page - Windows Insider Program

So this morning, I upgraded from 7 to 10 and enjoying the new look. They keeped the desktop look, but put the windows taps in the start menu, like as seen below.

[​IMG]

18. Casual Fan

Windows will stop security updates for Windows 7 in Jan. 2020. Feature updates end in January 2015.

19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Microsoft to kill off Internet Explorer? Windows 10 to come with new browser | Daily Mail Online

thought this was an intresting article about ie and windows 10.

hey wolf, now that a few months have passed how is the 10 beta treating u? its still available to try and im thinking of giving it a shot if u like it.

Wolf likes this.