Willie's Place is Flippin' Phenomenal!!!

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by hornet130, Nov 12, 2008.

1. hornet130

hornet130 New Member

After listening to Willie's Place tonight, I must say that it has exceeded my expectations. Not sure how expansive the library is but it's great hearing so many "new" songs, new to me anyway. This is the perfect soundtrack to getting drunk on Pearl in a can :yesshake::right:

Now I know what those XM'ers must be experiencing with Margaritaville and Underground Garage.

Can I get an AMEN!!!

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Absolutely, it is great to get this one on Sirius for sure!

3. nbflowers

nbflowers New Member

yeah....that one I am very happy about

4. mynameisjamie

mynameisjamie Member

Amen.
    Yeah I love this station.

Is Pearl a hair product? Like Aquanet?

5. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

what's the station?

6. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

7. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

64??? No wonder I couldn't find it.

8. zepped

zepped Member

Tonight I'm finding it odd that on TV Dish Network the audio is Willie's Place and the video text is Songs and Fun for Younger Kids.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  9. Musicologist

Musicologist Member

WP is the best country channel, IMO. Was glad to see it added to Sirius for free, so I can now cancel my XM sub.

10. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Willie's Place is the channel you want to be on for some good down home deep country music. I still prefer the lighter Roadhouse, which is much improved now too. Still there are those times when Willie's is fantastic.

11. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

do they ever play any of willie's concerts on the channel?

12. goreds2

I know XM used to air his July 4 events. It would be cool if they aired his concerts like Jimmy Buffett's RADIO MARGARITAVILLE does.

Here is WILLIE'S PLACE channel guide below. There is a place to send an email if you want to ask them about concerts.

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=13

13. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

Willie's Place IS Flippin' Phenomenal!!!

This is working itself into being one of my presets.

14. goreds2

15. buckatune

buckatune New Member

Willie's Place Music MP3 Downloads

You can download mp3s of alot of the artists that are played on Willie's Place at www.buckatune.net

16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Thanks for the info! We don't generally allow commercial advertising, but since you only posted it here and it appears to be relevant to the topic, I will let it stay.

17. goreds2

Word up is that COUNTRY DAN (who was axed during the SIRIUS takeover last year) will now air his request show every Sunday from 8pm - midnight est. on Willie's Place starting in December. I hope the rumor is true and that he will have access to all songs and not the SIRIUS "limited" play list. :headbang:

18. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Ahh man I would love this so much! I hope it is true because Country Dan was my favorite on America XM 10. I still remember his last show he just sounded so broken hearted. I miss him a lot! He had a great show or shows because his Stained Glass program was great too on early Sunday mornings!

19. goreds2

Yes sir, I hope this happens also. Record it on Sunday and listen at work sometime the next day. :clap:

20. goreds2

Country dan

From TX_TINMAN:

" Wilma Shannon (The Cookbook Lady) is the one that helped to make this happen!!

I am SOOOOOO glad that Country Dan is back.

I talked to him today and confirmed he will begin Sunday December 6th from 8P - Midnight EST. He will be on Every Sunday night and taking requests like the good 'ol days! "