William's Seat Telethon

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by Bagman, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Bagman

Bagman Member

For those you that called this morning wanting to contribute to the fund for William to get one of Randy's seats... here is the address...

Joie of Seating
    4537 Orphanage Road
    Concord, North Carolina 28027

Put William's Seat in the memo field of your check.

2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I don't get to listen as often as I'd like these days, so I didn't get to listen this morning. So I have to ask this question...

Why does William from Mississippi need a race seat? He can't see to drive anyhow...:scratch:

:D

3. westyman71

westyman71 New Member

Semi,

William called the Morning Drive this morning asking if Randy made any seats on frames that he could use while listening to races, shows, etc...

Next thing you know, people are calling in asking where to send some money towards construction of such seat.

I sent some money in too. I like William's comments and imagine the look on his face when he gets his racing seat.

Chuck in Kentucky

semipenguin likes this.
  4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Now that's cool!...:D

Thanks westyman71. I'll see how things go this week and maybe I can donate...:)

5. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Active Member

Not to sound insensitive, but I would much rather donate money so an up and coming driver such as Paulie (I cant remember his name but David and Mike are huge supporters)

6. foyt

foyt Member

"Freedom of Choice", that's what is great about America. errrr..........I see you aren't.;)

7. johnbom

johnbom Member

Paulie Harraka

8. I pulled over and was really emotional when I heard this. If we all can help one person to smile today that is special. Ever see that insurance commercial where someone sees the other person doing a good deed and passes it on and on. Thats what life is about, trust me when the crap hits the fan for you, or when you need that extra care people remember that you were there for them.

9. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

Isles, I think the Clay Walker song, The Chain of Love best sums up what your saying.

10. I think hubby has it, will give it a listen.

11. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

You should, wonderful song. Better yet, search for it on youtube as its also a very good video.

12. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

They say when you can, pay it forward :)

CountessBathory likes this.
  13. krisgo7290

krisgo7290 New Member

i will send my money to the adress ,i always get a chuckel out of william and maryann is somebody going to keep track of the money .i liked the comment the other chris said about the speakers,cupholder,and jack aka cat in that hat schould have matt sign it the base schould also recline and be strong so when matt wins he and maryann wont brake it

14. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Well-Known Member

We are sending our check today. I agree about William. When listening to any Sirius call in show and we hear ....... William from Mississippi, We stop what ever we're talking about and listen to what William has to say. Same with Jan. I hope that enough money is raised for the seat & if more than enough is, donate the rest to Victory Junction Camp or some other charity of William's choice.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  15. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

You and Poole would get along great, spread the wealth baby!:rofl:

16. flamer

flamer New Member

NASCAR fans are the greatest. I think a seat for William is a great idea. I put a note with my donation to Randy saying if he gets more money than is needed , put my donation towards a seat for a race team that needs help to aford it.:bigclap:

17. I am sending it in tonight, was away this weekend!!! There is no place like home.

18. dpkimmel2001

Is ther any way to get an update on this from someone that is 'in the know'? :scratch:

19. dpkimmel2001

Does anyone have an update on this? I know that the check that I sent in was never cashed. Anyone? Anyone?

20. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything mentioned anymore.