Will You Buy "SlotMusic" (MicroSD Albums)?

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Learjet35A, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

It's an interesting concept and some people are now saying that this may push CD's out of the marketplace in the not too distant future. So, for your cell phone or laptop would you buy one of your favorite albums or just keep downloading MP3's or buying CD's like before?

2. bigdaddyII

bigdaddyII Member

I havent bought any music since I have owned a computer. Since I have gotten Sirius I havent burned any CDs either, no need to.

3. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

It may catch on if the memory card comes with extra space. For example, 2 GB.

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I don't see myself buying this. I don't listen to music on my phone or laptop. I listen in the car (dedicated iPod), at work (desktop PC) and at home (desktop PC). Downloaded MP3s and ripped CDs work perfectly for all of those locations.

5. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

Seems to me that those SD cards would be way too easy to lose. I will likely continue to download my music from iTunes. Although, I really don't download all that much because of XM and Slacker. I just downloaded five or six songs last week, which was my first purchase since May.

6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Probably not, my cell phone did game with a 2 GB micro SD card. I haven't loaded any music to it yet, but a few pics. I haven't tried it, but I believe this could work on my Stiletto 2.

7. Davis

Davis Member

As some has said, I wouldn't buy them because they would be too easy to lose. Also, it would just cause more unneeded waste/clutter. Also, you would have to switch cards out all the time or transfer albums to one card. Either way, it would be more of a PITA than downloading music.

8. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I forgot to mention that and I agree. Mine is so frick'n small, I could almost lose it easily.

9. Davis

Davis Member

I lost one in an airport shuttle while putting it in my BB. Those things are TINY!!!

10. Bookworm

Bookworm Member

I wouldn't worry as much about losing the card as I would what the constant loading and ejecting would do to the device's SD slot.