Who Still Has The "Old School" XM Radios Active?

Discussion in 'XM Radios' started by goreds2, Oct 14, 2008.

1. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I agree if you can buy an aux-input adapator that is the absolutely best way to go in terms of SQ. I can see that some folks have no choice, but most vehicles even OEM radios have available aux-input adapters. You can check out the fine list that TSS-Radio has.

I just purchased one of these for my Scion xB so that I can have both my XM Turner and my Slacker connected at the same time and just switch between them using the buttons on the head unit.

2. macfanatic010

macfanatic010 Member

before switching to XM, I test drove my friend's XM unit. he has the original XM SkyFi 1. I was shocked to see the antenna being connected using the weird plastic plug and not the SMB plug every receiver uses nowadays!

3. jcrean

jcrean Member

I'm still using my SkyFi2 with a nice strong XM transmitter in it - even though I rarely use the FM transmitter that much. It's plugged directly into my stereo at home and directly into my AUX jack in the car.

4. xmguy

xmguy New Member

I have a Sony PNP still active (though not on my account) ;) I own

2 Airwares
    1 XMp3
    1 Inno
    1 Xpress
    1 Roady2
    2 XTs
    1 Sony PNP
    1 Timex XM
    1 GPX Boombox
    1 Nexus 50

5. 3fingerbrown

3fingerbrown New Member

I still use a first gen Sony PNP purchased on day 1 of the national rollout in 2001. Also active is an XMPCR running SATAMP.

6. skyward

skyward New Member

I have my Delphi MyFi xm2go which I got in March of 2006 when I first got XM. Still use it in my car and at home. :bigthumbup:

7. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

:ter:

I have had one since March 2005 and my second one since September 2005.

I bought a MyFi with home and car kit at a garage sale last summer for 20 bucks to use as a spare.

8. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I'm still going strong with my Audiovox XR9 that I purchased for $8.00.

Attached Files:

9. SPeeDy

SPeeDy New Member

I have a Roady 2 with the PAS. It was originally mine and given to family and has come full circle.

Considering activating it again.

I have had other XM radios (MyFi/Airware, Nexus, SkyFi3) that i have kindly recycled to others to use.

10. goreds2

I had a co-worker pass my desk the other day and she commented on the XM MyFi setup I have. She could not believe it when I said it was an "old school" type unit almost 6 years old.

11. blacknoi

blacknoi Member

Still have a skyfi2, myfi and inno1 (1.05) working.

Have Xact1 and Sportster replay on the Sirius side still in service.

12. goreds2