Who Charted?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
a lot of stuff i talk about here has to do with various media that has made the news. i figured that instead of posting new threads for an array of different single stories id steal the concept from one of the podcasts i listen to. lets post various stuff we have seen here that would probably not get too much traction as its own thread.

oh and if ur into podcasts check out who charted. its pretty funny where they go over music and movies and stuff like that.

Who Charted? podcast on Earwolf

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ok well to start things off the new terminator trailer came out yesterday:

this is def a movie i will check out but it seems like a remix of T2 and not really a new idea. i really liked the christian bale terminator and was hoping they would build on that. also, its cool to see arnold back in action. i dont care how old he is, to me a terminator movie needs him.

nowhere near as excited for this as i am for jurassic world or star wars but it does look like it could be a fun movie to go see.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
ok well to start things off the new terminator trailer came out yesterday:

this is def a movie i will check out but it seems like a remix of T2 and not really a new idea. i really liked the christian bale terminator and was hoping they would build on that. also, its cool to see arnold back in action. i dont care how old he is, to me a terminator movie needs him.

nowhere near as excited for this as i am for jurassic world or star wars but it does look like it could be a fun movie to go see.
I'm with you. It looks fun. Some people here take movies way to seriously. I go to have fun and escape. They go to watch and criticize.

Reactions: semipenguin

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'll have to watch the Terminator trailer later, but I didn't thing terminators aged......

The new 007 film was ann I un ed today too. Spectre. It's got Christoph Waltz. I dig the retro name to.

Sent from Tapatalk

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I'll have to watch the Terminator trailer later, but I didn't thing terminators aged......

The new 007 film was ann I un ed today too. Spectre. It's got Christoph Waltz. I dig the retro name to.

Sent from Tapatalk
Are you drunk?

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i like these teaser trailers...

im going to make a point not to watch any more jurassic world trailers. like ive said thats by far the movie im looking forward to most in 2015 and i dont want to know any more about it until i sit down in the theater.

I'm with you. It looks fun. Some people here take movies way to seriously. I go to have fun and escape. They go to watch and criticize.
im like that with most fun sifi movies/shows but every now and then a doctor who comes around where i totally geek out and want to know everything about it.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Cristoph Waltz is in the new Bond, and one of the guys from Sherlock is playing the villain. Should be interesting although I've yet to see Skyfall. It's on Netflix I should remedy that this weekend.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Craig is returning as 007. There's another new movie that was just announced.
If I could have typed a little more clearly, it probably would have been more apparent.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I heard about the new T5 aka Terminator Genisys movie all it is a reverse story of T2, instead of killing John Connor, they now try and kill Sarah Connor. The Terminator war storyline will probably never end, if they want to kill the Connor family go back in time and kill Sarah Connor parents, so none of them will be around and this war probably wouldn't happened.

2015 will be a great year for movies with T5, Bond film, Jurassic Park 4, Star Wars 7 and the one that will probably dominate them all will be Avengers 2: Age of Ultron.

It probably be a toss up between Star Wars 7 and Avengers 2 who earns the most box office money.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
this weeks the flash/arrow crossover eps have been really good. i was happy to read that the arrow episode got the second highest ratings ever, after the series premiere in 2012.

it seems like a lot of shows are now making crossovers a regular thing. this was not the first for the arrow/flash just the most in depth. also chicago fire and chicago pd seem to have some sort of crossover almost every week. i only watch fire, not pd but they have been ok eps. also, its a different kind of crossover of shield and the marvel movies have also had a bunch of crossover. i think i like it. just hope it doesnt get played out too quickly.

It probably be a toss up between Star Wars 7 and Avengers 2 who earns the most box office money.
i would bet on star wars 7 being the box office winner of 2015. but they are both going to get around 100 million in the first weekend.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Star Wars will be the top grosser, hands down. There is a built-in audience there that no other franchise has. They'll line up like people waiting for the next iPhone, only nerdier. I will be among them.

Reactions: HecticArt

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I would believe Star Wars 7 could potentially be the biggest box office, but checking out the all time box office records.

All Time Worldwide Box Office Grosses

Avengers came out in 2012 and made $1,518.6 billion and with the last three Star Wars that came out in the past decade, Star Wars 1 in 1999 was the top grosser at $1,027.0 billion. Technically Disney owns both companies now Marvel and Star Wars, maybe Disney can work their magic with the new Star War series. Yes there are more followers to Star Wars, but I probably see Avengers 2 beating Star Wars 7 in the box office.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Don't use ticket sales that aren't adjusted for inflation. Use this instead:

All Time Box Office Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

"Star Wars" is number 2 behind "Gone With The Wind". "Avengers" is 27th.
ur so right. top box office is always suspect due to rising ticket prices. thats why records get beat so often.

also box office mojo is a great site. i like how they list the production budget along with what the movie made.