Which TV for $1000 or less?

Discussion in 'Gadget Corner' started by IronJabroni, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

I think you guys ae getting to involved with the new features and overthinking the matters. I do it all the time too.

I bought a 40in Samsung last year after Christmas and I love it. It is only 720p but cable doesnt' yet broadcast in 1080p anyway, I don't have a blu-ray player and the Wii we have is more for the kids anyway. I'd love to have a bigge 1080p but I didn't really want to spend the money and the Samsung was a great deal.

It was new, on sale for 999.99 at CC last year after Christmas so I pulled the trigger. I was going to go with a 42 inch LG that was $1200.00 but I thought the Samsung was better.

If you've got the money for the best, buy the best, if not, then go with your budget. My TV does not have the 120hz response time and I watch HD football all the time and it looks great.

People will always come up with something new to get you to spend a little more.

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

You maybe just haven't compared them to know the difference. Honestly check it out and you'll see that 120hz makes a huge difference in HD football. I couldn't deal with it, but if you don't compare you don't realize how bad it really is. Just my opinion!