Which game console do you own?

Discussion in 'Games & Consoles' started by Wolf, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

We had some of these threads over at SBS and now just about the whole gang is here now at DRC. Which game consoles do you guys own?

I use to own a PS2, but now I own a PS3 for about couple of years now and I own like 20 games for it now.

So what do you guys have?

2. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

All the Nintendo systems, PS2 and Wii.

3. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

PS3 here. The 60GB model with Wi-Fi.

Oren

4. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I bought an XBOX 360 when they first came out. Huge waste of money, I've hardly ever used it. I think I've grown out of video games.

5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I've still got one of these ...

[​IMG]

Although, now if I'm playing I'm using an emulator.

6. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

I don't have the time or patience for video games anymore, really. Although I got this new game that's GREAT for when friends are over. Buzz! Quiz TV. It's a trivia game-show that's great for people that don't play video games. It comes with 4 very simple wireless buzzers, so no PS3 controllers which can be daunting to people that don't like or play video games. Fun game!! And you can download new trivia categories wirelessly from the Internet.

Oren

7. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I do pc gaming. I can build a bad ass computer for less.

8. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Game Cube

I like Rolling Thunder and Tetris Plus

9. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

When I was a kid, I had Nintendo and Super Nintendo. I still have both sitting in my closet.

I have the original PlayStation, and it's the newest system I have. I rarely use it because I'm on the web most of the time.

10. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

I used to have a Panasonic 3DO console... very cool/advanced at the time. It never really caught on though, and it died a slow death. I eBayed it with all the games a while back and was surprised that so many people were interested and bid on it.

Does anyone remember that other more "technically sophisticated" (at the time) console that also never caught on? It had HUGE very expensive video game cartridges. I can't think of the name of it.

Oren

11. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Sega Genesis? I had one of those, NBA Jam was the BEST!

[​IMG]

12. drfreeman777

drfreeman777 Active Member

jaguar? is that the one?
    hey i still have a 3do
    have a bunch of japanese games for it
    have not brought it out in a long while
    what was your fav game?

13. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't the Sega Genesis. I had one of those too. And the CD-ROM attachment.

Nope, not a Jaguar either.

Damn! I can't think of it. It wasn't really well known, but it was one of the more powerful systems of the time. It probably never caught on because it was so expensive. I remember the videogame cartridges for it were in the $200-$300 range.

And like I mentioned, the cartridges were HUGE. I'd say 8"X6"

As far as the 3DO favorite game... I liked Twisted. Another one that sticks out is Escape From Monster Manor.

Oren

14. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

15. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

Neo Geo is what I couldn't remember.

:Smiley_wink:

Oren

16. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Glad you remembered, it was bothering me too. I vaguely remember the Neo Geo.

17. drfreeman777

drfreeman777 Active Member

twisted was great but it takes so long.....
    the kids liked family feud
    need for speed,road rash,gex,capt quazar,out of this world
    some of the shooting games were fun,but i could never find the gun for it!

18. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

Here it is...

[​IMG]

Oren

19. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

Road rash was good. There was a racing game where the cars were equipped with weaponry, I forgot the name if it but I liked that one too.

Crash n Burn. That's it.

Oren

20. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I've got a SNES, PS1, Sega Dreamcast, N64, various GameBoys and Wii. I play Mario Kart Wii every day and nothing else.