Where Do You Download Your Music?

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by MM, Oct 17, 2008.

1. MM

MM Administrator

Don't be shy, we won't think bad of you if you're honest. :)

I get some from iTunes and Sirius. The rest I have are from CD's that I have or buy, or get from others.

I haven't ever used Limewire or any torrent sites.

I did, back in the day, have Napster when it was the rage and free.

So, how do you get yours?

2. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

Sirius and when I purchase music it is from iTunes and Best Buy.

3. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I like using Audacity to record songs off Myspace and my Stiletto 2. Plus I do own over 200 cd's in my collection.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. AZJoe

AZJoe Member

I use my own collection of 10,000 records, cds, tapes and bought mp3s.:)

5. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

Limewire and frostwire.

6. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Sirius, Rhapsody and BearShare.

7. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Amazon simply can't be beat. DRM free, high bitrate (256kbs) MP3's and a huge selection. Price is often cheaper than Apple and they run specials every week like 5 For $5 Fridays where they offer 5 albums for $5 each.

I'll never buy iTunes again. There is simply no reason to buy DRM protected music any more.

8. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

Bearshare is still around?!?! I thought they shut them down already...

9. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

I use Limewire. I also converted some of my old CDs to MP3s and than I sold or throw away my old CDs.

10. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Amazon...I'm with Jgatie, it can't be beat.

11. MM

MM Administrator

I guess I need to check out Amazon. Is there any deal for you guys if I sign up or anything?

12. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I'm old school- I still use limewire occasionally.

13. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

I've bought a few things from Itunes. i always burn to CD then re-rip to remove protection. I've also ripped all my CDs which makes up the bulk of my collection. And I still have a couple gigs of songs from the original days of napster.

I've never used any torrents and havent used p2p since napster, although I do peruse the newsgroups from time to time.

If I really want something though, I will buy it. Like the latest Metallica. i bought that direct from their website. DRM free and high bit rate. Once they start posting shows from their upcoming tour I'll buy a show or two.

14. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

15. MM

MM Administrator

16. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y]YouTube - Napster Bad[/ame]

:hah:

I mainly just rip my CDs in iTunes.

17. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

For 2 years I had an all you could eat Yahoo Music Account. I initially got that when I got my Sansa Connect. A few months ago Yahoo begin offer a transfer of the service to Rhapsody. I must admit, I am not a fan of anything Real. But Rhapsody has been okay. I use it the same way I did Yahoo. I download the music, run it through Protected Music Converter and then drag and drop it into iTunes where it adds the album art and then I load it on my iPod.

I am very anti-DRM. When I purchased my 1 year Yahoo account, it came with a free year because I paid for it with a MasterCard. I am now in that free year, but with Rhapsody, I was glad they honored it.

I have bought a lot of music from iTunes and Amazon's MP3 store as well.

18. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Amazon. I don't buy from iTunes, I don't torrent or anything else, I only buy Amazon's simple, cheap, DRM-free MP3s. I still buy CDs - some from Amazon, some from a local store called Soundwaves.

19. DaJoker

DaJoker New Member

Mainly I use iTunes, but usually only buy their newly offered iTunes+ tracks which are DRM free. When I can't find it on iTunes, I do check Amazon, and of course will grab the occasional Amazon deal of the day album when it's offered at a simply silly price.

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

95% of my music is from CDs I already own.

The rest I get from puretracks.com. Its the only site that will let me download to Canada. Amazon is where I tried to go but they are very thourough about their Canadian credit card checks.

I will get DRM or MP3 depending on which is cheaper. I have a DRM remover so I can put it on my SL2 without having to go through the SL2.