What'll happen with Sirius Hits 1's Morning Mashup?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by macfanatic010, Nov 11, 2008.

1. macfanatic010

macfanatic010 Member

Now that Hits 1 will be merged with Hitlist, do you think they'll end up moving the morning show on Top 20? Or would they continue it on Pop2K?

2. magleamin7

magleamin7 Member

From my understanding (got a brief look at what is happening) Hits 1 is staying on Sirius, but I am not sure if its merging or not with anything else on XM

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well I think the common perception is that Hits One is being rolled into Pop 2 K. Hitlist didn't make the cut. The guys on Hits 1 hasn't said a word about where they will end up at, which is suprising. But I figure they will end up on Pop 2K if Hits 1 is actually going alway, but who knows?

4. magleamin7

magleamin7 Member

Yeah I had a brief look at the changes with my resources, but I did not see anything about Hits 1 merging with any XM channels

5. syphix

syphix Member

The jocks would only make on-air announcements if:
    a) The channel was moving on the dial (i.e., not gonna be on channel 1)
    or
    b) The channel was be removed.

The question I have is, that according to the leaked notes I received last Friday about the lineup, "Albie Dee, KT Harris and Jason Kidd remain" on Pop2k...

So, where does that leave the rest of Hits 1's staff, who, in my opinion, are superior to XM Hitlist's?

6. SISO

SISO Member

Is there DJ's on Hitlist? I'm not sure that there is...

I guess we'll see in the morning whether the Morning Mashup is on Pop2k, if it's not I would fully expect Sirius Hits 1 to be phased out due to costs and Pop2K to be on both services.

If it is on it I'm curious as to whether Pop2K will be a simulcast of Sirius Hits 1?

7. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Who knows, maybe they will put them on 20's on 20, if that is even coming to SIRIUS. All speculation, but if Hits 1 is staying then that is where they will be.

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

If we have already come to the conclusion that the lineups will be almost identical, Sirius Hits 1 would be Pop2k. My guess is that they changed the name because eventually when they do a common channel number, it cannot be channel 1 as that is the XM Preview channel.

Again, common lineup would indicate that 20 on 20 will come to Sirius somewhere.

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I agree, but we have a poster that keep contridicting those conclusions saying he has a source, but it would sure be nice if that information would just get posted as a whole instead of just bits and pieces.

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

His source is clearly wrong on one part and has the channel number of the Bridge wrong. I am not sure how reliable it is. Everything I am hearing is telling me that it IS a common lineup (with minor exceptions). Sirius Hits 1 and Pop 2k would be duplicate channels on 2 platforms. It won't happen. This is exactly what they set out to avoid. Canadian channels and clear channel will be the only excpetions.

11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

That is my thoughts exactly, but since I don't know his source and he isn't telling I guess we won't know for sure until Sirius updates their system later tonight. We will know then for sure! :)

12. jr461

jr461 New Member

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

They have changed afternoon DJs. Perhaps that one is from Siruus Hits 1.

14. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

Not to my knowledge.

15. magleamin7

magleamin7 Member

Hello all;
    I am a current Sirius subscriper, and I had a breif oppurtunity to see what is happening on the Sirius side of things and I do belive that nothing is happening to Hits 1.

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

Thats just plain stupid then. Do all this carnage and leave an OBVIOUSLY duplicate channel.

17. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

Source ?

18. hornet130

hornet130 New Member

20 on 20 vs. Hits 1

My prediction is that 20 on 20 stays exclusive to XM while SIRIUS keeps Hits 1 exclusively. Maybe down the road they'll merge but if you notice these stations have/are keeping the channel number in the title.

It would only make sense that they drop the channel numbers if they weren't aligned on both services.

19. magleamin7

magleamin7 Member

Sorry I can not reveal that information

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

This may make sense for now. My guess when they do a full reallignment, channel 1 would need to be vacated due to the XM Preview channel and they would merge them then.