What Sirius radios have you have owned?

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by Wolf, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

1) Xact Stream Jockey II- Activated and I'll keep using it until I get the Whole House FM Transmitter.
    2) Stiletto 100 - Activated. And I got one of the first ones to arrive at the nearby Circuit City. (Sorry Taylor :jj:)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. XF_Honeycomb

XF_Honeycomb New Member

S50
    Starmate replay
    Stiletto 100

and still own them

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

S-50
    SL100
    Another SL100
    and finally an SL2 I hope to hang on to it for a while.

4. YoureOnTheAir

YoureOnTheAir New Member

Audiovox SIRPNP2 (Dec. 03) Only 4 FM Modulators to choose from :jj:
    Starmate 1
    Sporster Replay
    Pioneer Head Unit/SIR - PNR2 (Current, FedEx Truck)
    Stiletto 100 (Current, Car)

5. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

SIR-KEN1
    Audiovox PNP3
    XACT XTR1

(Nothing to get excited about but they all work)

6. James

James New Member

Current

Stiletto 100 in home
    Starmate 4 in car

Previously

Sirius One
    XM Roady (It's all Sirius now)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Starmate ST-1
    Sportster Replay (Lifetime Sub since 8/05)
    Streamer GTR
    Stiletto 100

8. drfreeman777

drfreeman777 Active Member

sportster replay-active
    starmate 4-active(lifetime)
    stiletto 100-active

9. JJS

JJS Member

Jensen SSR2000 -- Activated at midnight on 6/1/02, the first moment Sirius service became available in NY State. Original was returned via warranty. I still have its replacement, and a third unit, from eBay, for parts.

Audiovox PNP1 -- A $399 Lifetime sub since 11/03; payback point was 6/06.

For its laughable looks, at least the Jensen had its own user interface and universally compatible RCA outputs. You could use it at home, with a power supply; I had mine shanked to a running PC as if it were a hard drive. Compare with those Kenwood sat tuners they were trying to sell, which worked only with "Sirius-ready" Kenwood header units. That and installation, and you'd easily be out $700 even before the first monthly bill hit.

10. Allanon

Allanon Member

Stiletto 2

11. Manco

Manco Active Member

I like this unit because the remote control made it unique. I found that the sound quality wasn't as good as the PNP2 so I ended up giving it away.

12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I created a boombox using one of these and used it for months and months before Sirius finally released a REAL boombox. I purchased two of them, one for use in the home and one for use in my car.

They could be a bit flaky at times, but worked great!

13. jnj86

jnj86 New Member

Starmate Replay (in the house)*
    Starmate Replay (wife's truck)
    Sir-GM1 (my truck)

*This is the unit that has been blasting Hard Attack 24/7 for nearly 3 years! It's only been off a few times that I can remember, a couple power outages and when we went on a two-week vacation. The line-out is fed into a Ramsey FM transmitter, so all FM radios in our house can tune in.

14. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

I started with the Sportster Replay in December '05 and swapped it with the Sportster 4 when that came out. I had that for some time and then I got the Stiletto 100 and eventually swapped that for the SL2 (which I think I'm on my third one of those).

15. Fireman451

Fireman451 New Member

[​IMG]

Since 2005 and loving everyday I listen to it in the car and in the boombox.

16. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

Just one. The Starmate 4. But as soon as they come out with a new Stiletto (or whatever the new Sirius portable radio is going to be), I will be making the switch. :)

I'm sure all the new radios made from now on will be interoperable and Sirius XM will only make 1 brand containing a dual chipset for both services (example: Xmp3 and Stiletto merge into one product that is compatible with either a Sirius or XM subscription). Not having to develop duplicate brands of radio is a significant reduction in costs for a company that needs to save every penny.

17. Matt400

Matt400 New Member

A black-n-white Zenith er...I mean Black-n-green Brix Streamer
    [​IMG]
    Also a JVC pnp & and a Starmate

18. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I've finally got a new radio to add to this list.

Starmate 5.

What a difference in size! The old radio is a monster compared to the Starmate 5.

The blue screen is nice after looking at orange for 4 years. :)

19. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I remember doing a review on these tuners when they first came out. I drove all the way to Houston to pick one up. I always like that blue display. You've gotten good service out of it since 2005. NICE!

I still have one of these though I use it at my camp. I also have the red display Dish Network version too. These were workhorses too. They were big and bulky, but I always loved the big display.

Nice, glad you got your new model. So what do you think about it overall? Anything you don't like about it over the old Orbiter?

20. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Starmate 5 vs. Orbiter

- It's amazing how much smaller the Starmate 5 is compared to the Orbiter.
    - I like the Blue Screen much more than the orange one.
    - The Replay feature is cool.
    - I like that I'm able to mount it to the air condition vent.

What I preferred about the Orbiter?
    - That I was able to go into "Preset Mode", which allowed me to scroll up and down just in presets. I can sort of do that with the Streamer by holding down display and seeing what else is playing, but not by pressing the channel up and down buttons, if that makes sense?
    - Using the Wireless FM transmitter and set up exactly as the Orbiter was, I encountered a lot of static. Nothing the purchase of an adaptor couldn't fix. :)

Overall, very satisfied with the Starmate 5.