What concert do you wish you had attended?

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by jef, Jan 1, 2009.

1. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

In contrast to this thread: http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/decades-pop-rock/2443-concerts-you-have-attended.html

What are the shows that you regret not having attended? And to make it interesting, keep it to an artist that you actually would have had a chance to see live - so no choosing Jimi Hendrix if you are just 18 years old :)

As I said in the above thread, for me, it's Talking Heads. Second on my list would be The Descendents (though they still once in a while put out music and do shows, so I'm still holding out hope :) )

2. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

For me it would of been Metallica this past december in Oakland and Journey in lake tahoe in July of last year.

3. HomieG

HomieG Member

August 15, 1965
    Shea Stadium, Flusing (Queens), NY
    The Beatles

4. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Wow. That's very unfortunate.

I had a chance to see the Romantics and missed it.
    I wish Swing Out Sister would return to tour America but that is not likely to happen anytime soon.

5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

David Bowie came to New Orleans about 5 years ago and played at the Saenger Theater. I tried, but all the tickets sold out the first few minutes. :banghead:

6. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

July 4 1976, The Ramones at Camden's Roundhouse, London. Future members of the Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, The Buzzcocks, etc., in the crowd.

7. Steel Cranium

Steel Cranium Well-Known Member

The Police at the Cleveland Agora right after their first album was released. We were on the way down to check out this "up and coming" band in a bar setting but decided to go see some local band instead (beer was probably cheaper). The Agora had many bands show up "before they were big" back in the 70s/early 80s. U2 played there before a small crowd during their first trip here.

8. MM

MM Administrator

When I was in 11th grade (I think) I missed going to see Nirvana in Ann Arbor, MI. It was 1991 and I guess I thought that drinking beer at a party was better.

I believe that that show was historic in some way.

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I want to Marine Corps Bootcamp in May 1988. That summer was the Monsters of Rock Tour. I would have loved to see that...:)

Other then that, I really can't think of any other concert.

10. jwt873

jwt873 Member

I've been to a lot of concerts over the years dating back to the late 60's I regret not seeing the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix.

11. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I always wanted to see Steven Ray Vaughn. I had tix for an upcoming show when he died in the helo accident. I would have liked to seen Pink Floyd on the Wall Tour.

12. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

I think I'd have to add The Ramones to my short list, too. Not sure why I never made a show, come to think of it, either. Pretty lame on my part. :-/

13. Sirterp

Sirterp Member

Pink Floyd. I refused to go because I thought the reunion was stupid without Roger Waters. Yes, I'm an idiot.

However, I have seen SRV. He opened for the Moody Blues in a half full Baltimore Arena. I also saw the Monsters of Rock at RFK Stadium.

mrpacs likes this.
  14. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Haven't seen

Toby Keith
    Motley Crew and Aerosmith on tour together
    and whoever else I can't think of right now.

15. CID_flyer

CID_flyer New Member

Harry Chapin... I called for tickets to what would be his last concert in Cedar Rapids, but didn't buy because the only seats left were in the second balcony.

16. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

I did the same thing for Roy Orbison. My excuse was "Oh well, he's back every year or so." He died 2 days later.

17. Pink Willie

Pink Willie Member

KISS. Back in the 70's. when I was around 12 or so...no way in hell my old man would have let that happen!!!

18. Bigrock

Bigrock Member

I use to intern at a rock station back in the eighties so I saw a ton of free music but one band that I never saw and always wanted to would be Rush.

19. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I saw this thread and remembered I finally got to seen Toby Keith with Trace Atkins.

20. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I was too young for the Grateful Dead.
    Would have liked to have seen Springsteen when he was in town last year.
    And I'm gonna miss Roger Waters at Pepsi Center in two weeks.
    And the Mile High Music Festival always has a metric-assload of great acts, I'm going to try to catch that this year if there's enough I like.
    The big one though was when Radiohead was in town at Red Rocks. THAT would have been EPIC!!