What bittorrent sites do you mostly use...

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
After reading CPT. Badmotherfarker thread about torrents it makes me wonder what everyone uses for going and getting these torrents from.... And what ones they like best to worst.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I never quite figured out how to use Torrents. I'm a bit hesitant to download any programs onto my computer,though. I've had it since 2006 and still haven't had any viruses, trojans or malignant programs, etc.

I yelled at my wife for downloading Bejeweled....stupid 3rd party applications hiding out in that programming.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I used Mininova years ago when I first started out, now I use other ones as well as private ones...

extremeseeds

Demonoid

to name a couple.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Would Limewire be considered a bittorent program? I only get music off of there... Anything else is just BEGGGING for a virus :eek:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Mininova.

I'm pretty new to the torrents as there isn't that much I really care to download. I get music from other sites.

However, MININOVA certainly seems to be one of the best.

Others are:

ISO Hunt (great for .ISO movie files that can be burned to DVD, or so I've heard)

The Pirate Bay.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Would Limewire be considered a bittorent program? I only get music off of there... Anything else is just BEGGGING for a virus :eek:

I sort of know a guy that has maybe downloaded some, uh, video files of a certain type from the LImewires and frostwire's of the world and since he has a pretty good antivirus and malware program, he's never had a problem with any sort of virus. Or so I've heard, ya know, like, hypothetically.

But I don't think they are torrent files but I know you can use them to manage your torrent files, if that makes sense.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com

Limewire I have learned over the years from many other people and experience can bring on the virus's too.. With bittorrent sites as long as you read comments from other people and use you virus program you are safe.. I have been at this for years and have never once had a problem...

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
This thread is dangerous and implicates people of what may be criminal activity.

I'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
This thread is dangerous and implicates people of what may be criminal activity.

I'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet.

Don't tempt the admins...

You don't work for the RIAA or the government, do you? :shifty:

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
You're kidding, right? There are plenty of virus (and Trojans) out there for Apples. If not why would Apple be recommending that you run multiple anti-virus utilities? Hell, there was a trojan packaged in iWork 09 (in version circulating in torrent trackers). Every hear of OSX.Trojan.iServices.A?

Also, why are they giving you virius protect in the Snow Leopard service pack if you don't have viruses?

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
i mostly trawl demonoid, but for audiobooks. its the best audiobook site i have seen on the internet. i'm interested in any other big book torrent sites if there are any around.

some snotty uptight private torrent site owner kicked me out becuase he changed the webadress and i didn't get the message. he told me that if i didn't care about getting the things i asked for and if i wanted to get the feds on my ass, go to demonoid. it has been several years, multiple rare requests filled and no warnings since then. that's pretty much been why i haven't joined private sites. site admins can kick you out for asking a simple question not covered in the faq.