What are you packing?

What are you packing?

• Total voters

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Isn't there some sort of gun app that shoots bullets out of your iPhone?
Posted via Microwave

iPhone 6, Apple is waiting for Google to release it on Android so they can show them how to make it user friendly! OUCH! :D

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
When I first saw this thread when I hit the first login I thought he ment hand guns. :p I almost typed Glock 30sf.

Last edited:

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
So far, so good. I am loving the 3D compared to the Evo 4G. I am frustrated with the loss of the every year upgrade, but what can you do?

The 3D is slimmer than the OG Evo and feels better in the hand. The texture on the back of the case gives a more secure feeling when you hold it, but the camera is so large that I always get fingerprints on it.

When the OG Evo got the Gingerbread update, it ruined the phone because the os took up too much of the remaining memory.

With that being said, You can delete some of the bloatware on the new phone. Blockbuster, The Sprint Nascar App, Sprint Radio, and some other stock apps can be deleted. Sadly, Amazon MP3, Sprint Zone, News, Stocks, Qik and others cannot be deleted.

I would highly recommend turning off automatic updating on these stock apps, just as you did with the EVO 4G to save your battery. I also turned off automatic updating on my weather app (set to once every 6 hours now), and reduced screen time to 30 seconds when I am not playing with it. After making these changes, just as I did on the 4G, my battery life has been superior compared to the Evo 4G.

The 3D Spiderman game and The Green Hornet movie will amaze you. Watching something in 3D on your phone will make your eyeballs pop out of your head.

With all of that good comes some bad news. The main camera on the 3D has been a bit of a disappointment to me. It is 2 cameras, scaled back to 5MP, and depending on lighting conditions, can make some pics blurry or have a bluish tint in the background. The front camera is still 1.3 MP. You also cannot send 3D pics via mail or text message without the phone converting it back to 2D. Also, some of the apps (SIRIUS|XM, I am talking about you! :mad:) are only half screen, due to the QHD display on the 3D. I wish Sirius would also update the app to stop buffering and cutting out so much... :mad:

All in all, I think its a worthy upgrade. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with this phone and how smooth it is. The internal memory (now 1GB ram, double the 512MB of the OG Evo) and dual core processor make this upgrade worth it to me.

Thank you for all the great info. Your so right about Gingerbread. It runs real smooth on my phone and the battery life improved. The problem like you said is the storage. I have most of my apps on my SD card. I have a 32gb card, but I still got that little low storage warning all the time.

I'm wondering why HTC doesn't follow Motorola and put in at least 16gb and have the SD card slot? I was thinking about waiting for the Motorola Photon, but then I would have to deal with motoblur. I think HTC sense is the best all around. I checked out a bunch of youtube reviews and everyone loves the screen. I'm off to Best Buy now.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Thank you for all the great info. Your so right about Gingerbread. It runs real smooth on my phone and the battery life improved. The problem like you said is the storage. I have most of my apps on my SD card. I have a 32gb card, but I still got that little low storage warning all the time.

I'm wondering why HTC doesn't follow Motorola and put in at least 16gb and have the SD card slot? I was thinking about waiting for the Motorola Photon, but then I would have to deal with motoblur. I think HTC sense is the best all around. I checked out a bunch of youtube reviews and everyone loves the screen. I'm off to Best Buy now.

My phone has 2gb on board and a 32 GB card, how do you know what apps are where? Will I have an issue when i finally get gingerbread?

Reactions: Wolf

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Both the wife and I have the iPhone 4 on AT&T and love it. Yes, I know I bitched in the past about the data plans, but that fell hard once we saw the benefits. I prefer keeping everyone on the same platform so I can better manage everything, so my teenager will probably end up with an iPhone also this fall. Apple has me by the wallet now! AT&T works fine in our area, so no big worries there either.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
My phone has 2gb on board and a 32 GB card, how do you know what apps are where? Will I have an issue when i finally get gingerbread?

You should have no problems at all when you get Gingerbread. When you go into your settings and applications...... go into manage applications and you will see everything. You have the option to move your apps to SD. The app manager has a real nice setup. Its real easy to use.

I went to Best Buy and they were out of the EVO 3D. I put some cash down and I should have one by Thursday. I palyed with it for a while. I thought my EVO was fast. Wow that duel core 1 gig of ram phone is smoking fast. The 3D was pretty fun too. I know its gimicky and all, but its still fun. I love how you can turn it off and on.

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
I am on Verison and upgraded 3 months ago to another Blackberry. I know Blackberry is becoming dated but it is the platform that suits my needs/wants the best. I entertained the idea of an iPhone when it came to Verizon but have used my little brothers one and could not get used to the touch screen, which eliminates a lot of phones for me. Blackberry has a physical keyboard, great battery life and actually does what I have a cell phone for pretty well..........making and taking calls. I don't need a phone that loads pages faster then I can read, I don't need a phone that supports a bunch of games I won't play anyway and the same for apps. My little brother joimed the iPhone fad from the very first one and has had nothing but issues but kept buying them because he has to have the same or a better phone then his friends have, and he admits this himself. Anyway my vote goes like this:
Blackberry Bold 9650
Verizon
Throughly happy with 3g.
Posted via Mobile Device

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
iPhone4. Until recently the Android market in Canada was a wasteland anyways.

My iPhone4 does everything I want it to do. Ironically it seems to play well with Google. I have my calendars synced in real time with my Outlook and integrated with my wifes. Gmail integrates nicely as does Google+.

And I don't have to worry about which ROM I am using and why my apps are crashing. Reading Slacker forums makes me appreciate how lucky I am as a Slacker listener not to have an Android device.

4G is a non issue as I don't think its even offered by Canadian providers yet. Would be happy with faster 3G from my current provider.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My little brother joimed the iPhone fad from the very first one and has had nothing but issues but kept buying them because he has to have the same or a better phone then his friends have, and he admits this himself.

It is great having choices isn't it. I remember going through the Blackberry fad. LOL

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am on Verison and upgraded 3 months ago to another Blackberry. I know Blackberry is becoming dated but it is the platform that suits my needs/wants the best. I entertained the idea of an iPhone when it came to Verizon but have used my little brothers one and could not get used to the touch screen, which eliminates a lot of phones for me. Blackberry has a physical keyboard, great battery life and actually does what I have a cell phone for pretty well..........making and taking calls. I don't need a phone that loads pages faster then I can read, I don't need a phone that supports a bunch of games I won't play anyway and the same for apps. My little brother joimed the iPhone fad from the very first one and has had nothing but issues but kept buying them because he has to have the same or a better phone then his friends have, and he admits this himself. Anyway my vote goes like this:
Blackberry Bold 9650
Verizon
Throughly happy with 3g.
Posted via Mobile Device

Touch screen takes some getting used to. But I wouldn't find the BB microscopic keyboard any easier.