Welcome XM411 members!

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by roscoryan, Oct 15, 2008.

1. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

We would like to welcome fans of XM411.com to DigitalRadioCentral. XM411 was another great community with members who were true fans of XM Satellite Radio. Thanks in part to Ziggy, ekeefe, Stocker and others, XM411 also had many helpful resources and tools to help the satellite radio community.

Unfortunately, the site has suffered a somewhat similar fate to SIRIUS Backstage. Ziggy isn't involved much anymore, the forums face limited activity, and many in the community have left. The famed Red Light District is main thing still going.

DigitalRadioCentral would like to welcome those members back to our digital radio community! Not only will be provide exciting discussions regarding XM and satellite radio in the post-merger universe, but we've also expanded our horizons to include discussions on other aspects of digital radio technologies (iPod and mp3, Internet, Slacker, Pandora, Wireless, etc...). Our main goal will be to build on the community spirit which made XM411 and SIRIUS Backstage so special.

We look forward to seeing you around! Also, feel free to share your memories of XM411 here.

:bigthumbup:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

xm411 was a fun site a few years ago... but it's a graveyard now.

3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i would check out xm411 every now and then to see what the other side was up to. but now that we are all one big happy family, glad to see you all over here!

-jhdk

4. Davis

Davis Member

I registered to that site a month ago and was surprised at the lack of activity. Have links been posted over there?

5. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

I made my signature digitalradiocentral.com and still post there once a week or so

6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I have checked out that site before, but never registered at xm411.com and xmfan.com. I'm more into Sirius then XM!

7. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

I used to be at XM411 but because of all the bashing of XMFan, I left.

When I came back with a new name, I noticed the site is not very active anymore.

I see other people are tired of it too and left.

I hope Ziggy has no involvement to this website. But if he does, than I hope he become a better person now.

We should invite XMFans members here too. :)

8. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Make it known that they are welcome! ;)

9. Brian

Brian Banned

Good, I was worried I wasn't wanted here for a minute. I mean considering what happened with me over at Orbitcast's forums.

10. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

What happened?

11. Brian

Brian Banned

Well I pretty much whored out the entire forum and wound up getting banned.

12. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

Do the Orbitcast Forums even exist any more? The "Forums" tab is no longer there near the top of the page (under the Orbitcast logo).

13. MM

MM Administrator

Nope. They are retired.

14. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I still go to XM411 once in awhile.

It was the first forum I signed up with upon getting satellite radio.

The users over there were great and the current ones are also. :bigclap: