Welcome to DigitalRadioCentral.com

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by admin, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Maybe you should disable that yellow triangle warning icon just in case!

:)

2. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

Looks good guys!

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Man, I am so happy to see so many of you coming on over! Welcome!

We want you all to feel at home here.

4. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

This is going to be difficult... I got used the the slow speed of SBS. I can't click through here fast enough to keep up with the new posts.:eek:

5. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Why did the SBS forums slowly but surely slow to a crawl?

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I never did get an answer on that. But I will give you my opinion. I think the custom made skin/template started conflicting with the vB updates. Then the folks that had the ability to fix it simply lost interest in doing so. Again that is my personal opinion officially I don't know. What I do know is that I and many others made every effort to get this problem resolved to no avail and so now we are here.

7. MM

MM Administrator

Welcome to DRC.

8. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I'm really glad TSS-radio stepped up like this. This site is great. Plus, it's perfect post-merger because it's not associated with (biased toward) either XM or Sirius in any way.

9. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

We just facilitated if for the most part. I think DAB, MM, Dan and I all agree the fact that this is NOT based purely on the name or the company known as SIRIUS is a benefit.

I didn't easily find forums that discussed Internet Radio shows, or Pandora all in one. I'm sure some exist. But I hope this place finds a good balance. I also want to make sure we get some core XM people over here. I know a lot on here are Dual Subs, but just want to make this more open than the last places.

10. MAJ Badmotherfarker

That'll be outstanding. The XM vs Sirius, or the Howard vs O&A, or Pandora vs satellite stuff got really old. I've noticed that Ryan at Orbitcast has also done a great job of moving things in this direction. "Digital radio" is a nice, all-encompassing slogan.

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

May be difficult to get core XM people (other than dualsubs) since they primarly hang at XMFAN and given that now you and Ryan are compeditors I doubt he would think highly of any blatant invitations over there.

12. MAJ Badmotherfarker

The terms "XM and Sirius people" are going to be gone within a few years.

13. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

That's a great idea with the expansion of all these digital radio mediums. Now that Sirius and XM are one we have to wait and see who else is going to emerge on the scene.

14. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Hey guys, just found my way over here. Pretty nice, I'm hoping I can settle in and feel as at home as I did at SBS. I will miss it, but if this place fills up with as many people as i'm already seeing, we should have a nice little community.

Looking forward to posting!

15. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

So good to see you grupsaar.

16. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Good to see yet another familiar name!!

17. MM

MM Administrator

But with no Motley Crue dot things. (I can't remember the name of them)

18. MAJ Badmotherfarker

O-Umlaut

19. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I'm already enjoying the new site of DRC. I agree also, I have to get use to the fast speed instead of waiting about 30+ seconds to load a page on SBS!

20. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

I was reduced to reading SFN during my SBS "wait times". Still never brought myself to post there, but at least it was something to read without waiting forever every time I clicked on a link.