Week Of 6/4: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Jun 4, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Talk to Benjy, talk about the Roseanne mess and...BREAKING NEWS...ANGRY ALICE LEFT A VOICEMAIL!!

Also some talk about Howard on Letterman and a 50th birthday for Beet!

Wendy's cough and staff videos for the app...Howard doesn't want to think about what Richard and Sal will do on video.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    JHDK likes this.
  2. kryptonite

Kid Kelly's wife now in the studio and she doesn't know his real name.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  3. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

We watched that this weekend; thought it was good. Howard let his guard down, and dropped the act. He made it sound like, for the first two-thirds of his career, he was a seriously disturbed person.

4. scotchandcigar

I appreciate that Howard explained the distinction between this and Samantha Bee. Ted Nugent used the same words about Hillary, and physically threatened Obama (and the guy's got an arsenal of weapons), but all Trump demanded was that he be his guest at the White House.

5. kryptonite

There was an anti-Hillary shirt with a subliminal message saying: "I like country music."

If someone is wearing that shirt and whining about something Samantha Bee says, they're as snowflaky as the ones they're calling snowflakes.

6. kryptonite

Today's show:

"Howard said how about an app where you call a car and driver to come pick you up. Robin said that Uber and Lyft already do that."

7. scotchandcigar

Haha! You mean not everybody has Ronnie the limo driver?

8. kryptonite

At one point, wasn't he taking a helicopter to the Hamptons or was that O&A smack?

I guess not everyone has a 70-year old sex-crazed person who drives like a maniac with a car that is impossible for dress-wearing people to get in and doesn't have heat.

(I'm pretty sure the SS Mund and the petcock were two different cars, but whatever.)

James Corden in today.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  9. scotchandcigar

Howard: "Google's got a Siri that will make appointments for you."
    Robin: "Yeah, it's like an assistant."

10. scotchandcigar

Robin is just getting around to reporting the Lenny Dykstra arrest. Guess it happened right before they were off.

11. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Robin reported that George Takei's accuser has recanted his accusation. Howard then commented that he thought George had not been in because of that accusation and he (Howard) proceeded to play the part of the jilted victim. He conveniently forgot that he threw George under the bus when it was reported that George attributed some action to the hi-jinks on the Howard Stern Show. Howard could have said nothing because the remark was nothing but he chose to disclaim any responsibility for whatever George said or did. Cannot remember exactly. My point is that George was the victim of Howard's disloyalty, not vice versa.

12. kryptonite

Howard had a line today about 500 women per year being born without vaginas and then he mentioned something about them being called dudes.

Not only was the line funny, but it was something you'd think "new" Howard would never say.

But OH MY GOD...MFB watching Letterman. Radio gold!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  13. scotchandcigar

The moment I hear her voice, I can't skip forward fast enough. Usually it's a short phonecall that Howard cuts-off, but this time it was like 20 minutes. I get her shtick, I got it 20 years ago; I just can't take it anymore.

14. kryptonite

It's funny...a few days ago, I was wondering what she was like just listening to Howard on the radio.

Now I know.

Today's show had a very difficult Asian Pete game and Mandy Moore from This Is Us dropped by.

15. scotchandcigar

Ooh, I like her. I may have to tune-in.

16. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Still processing Robin's reaction to Camilla Cabello's "Havana".. Although it's been played everywhere and the signer has shown up on every talk show, Robin was not familiar with it. Then when Howard played a little she dismissed it as terrible.

17. scotchandcigar

OMG, the interview is complete bullshit even before it starts! Howard says he loves This Is Us and watches it every week. Am I insane, or has he discussed this with Robin several times, and she's always trying to get him to take an interest?

18. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Why did I wince every time Howard used the word "fucking" during his interview? Why? .. I admit it... it bothered me because she sounds like a conventionally polite woman... who does not talk that way herself. Do you disrespect her by saying "fucking" this and "fucking" that? Showing my age? Or did I miss the part where she said "fucking" this and "fucking" that? She was a very cooperative interviewee. Wish Howard could have made more out it. Not easy, I know. It seems that he reads his notes and makes a declaration which is wrong half the time

19. scotchandcigar

Maybe he wanted to seem more hip, and less like a creepy old man. I really wish he'd dial-back on the declarations and conclusions, and just let the guests summarize how ever they want. Howard should be tased every time he says "So in other words...".

20. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I listened the interview again. She does say "what the fuck" at some point. Despite his interruptions, his obnoxious declarations, the obligatory "jealousy" question and her cheerful good manners, I found the interview interesting. I wish he had gone more into behind the scenes stuff. For all her modesty, she had done a lot of film and TV. Also, I admit I am a fan of dance movies. Her big hit "Candy" was featured in a fabulous dance class scene in the ballet movie Center Stage. The scene plays over and over in my head. There is no way in world Howard would have known about it. Still I wish she had been asked about it.