Week Of 6/25: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Jun 25, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I thought we'd be off this week.

Today's guest...Dave Matthews Band.

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Just Dave Matthews. Howard pushed him to do 3 shitty live acoustic tunes. Dave wanted to do Drink Too Much, which would've been awesomely better, and he would've done a better cover tune if Howard hadn't insisted on the dirge-like Whiter Shade of Pale.

Face it: Howard can't interview musicians. He clearly was never a DMB fan, isn't familiar with any song after 1996, and doesn't know anything about the band, its members, etc. So he asks the same dumb questions. And how stupid is it for Howard to gawk over playing arenas, when he's been doing it for 25 years?

3. kryptonite

scotchandcigar likes this.
  4. scotchandcigar

Thanks for the video.

I'm a huge DMB fan, but I loathe Ants Marching. He could've done Stay (Wasting Time) or Jimi Thing, or any number of interesting, lively songs.

5. kryptonite

It seems like Ants Marching is the song that everybody knows, but the long-time fans hate because it's *that song.*

6. scotchandcigar

It's like whenever Howard mentions The Pretenders, he talks like they're some shitty one-hit-wonder band, and their only hit was Brass In Pocket, which is their worst song.

7. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

I thought dave matthews band retired in '96? I have a couple friends who love them so I'll hip them to it.

8. kryptonite

Maybe they did for a whole, but they came with in walking discance of me a few years ago.

Tuesday's show... apparently, Sour Shoes tried to call the band Chicago in a Gary impression. He also had the Secret Service visit him. Ralph called in to talk about it...a long Sour tribute today.

9. scotchandcigar

Huh? They were just getting started, their first release was in '94. They've released 7 albums since '96, several multi-platinum.

10. kryptonite

Obviously NSFW.

11. sadchild

sadchild Dude

Gary's story about the Today Show had me laughing out loud for a solid minute.

12. kryptonite

Medicated Pete special on July 4th. No doubt the ending segment will go on for 25 minutes.

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Dave on!?! That's an interview I'll for sure be looking forward to. I've said it before on these boards but I credit DMB with being the gateway to me finding pretty much all jam-band style music I like today.

14. scotchandcigar

Dave's a great guy. Very down to earth, and he answered all of Howard's questions. But like I said, Howard made him do some really lame solo acoustic tunes, and since Howard knows nothing about music, we didn't learn much.

JHDK likes this.
  15. kryptonite

The only thing he seems to know is Radio Hall of Fame and Kid Kelly.

I wonder what percentage of his listeners care about those two things? Zero. Point. Zero?

scotchandcigar likes this.