Week Of 6/18: Live

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Jun 18, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

So far, no talk about Scott Salem's wife. Talk of Howard's Fathers' Day, weekend chess and a phone call from America's foghorn, MfB.

Howard also caught up with Fred.

Dennis Rodman in today.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Wow, what a horrible show. It started off promising, I liked Fred doing Smashing Pumpkins. Then it went to Father's Day nothingness. A story about his parents that went nowhere. A call from MFB. Something annoying involving JD. And a story about getting in disguise to play chess in Central Park, where we learn that he doesn't like being unrecognized.

Then we're treated to his witty commentary on today's music - which he defines as anything after 1993. He played two awful songs from a former Linkin Park member, and we get to hear the ramblings of an out-of-touch old man.

I was looking forward to Dennis Rodman, and I thought that maybe this time, Howard would actually engage in some debate. But no. Just Rodman with his barely intelligible stream-of-consciousness, while Howard and Robin kiss his ass. I did not stick around for Robin's news.

3. kryptonite

Just imagine the kvetching if he was recognized.

The point of the disguise is to be unrecognized. Cue the conspiracy about his disguise being no wig.

4. kryptonite

"A little more Ronnie Mund and a little less Hatley" sings Ned.

5. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I did get some enjoyment from the Dennis Rodman sequence. Rodman fancies himself a world class peace maker or roving ambassador of some kind. He calls Kim Jong Un the Marshall or something equally fawning. Howard punctured Rodman's international grandeur with repeated questions about whether or not we was getting North Korean pussy. I think he did a kill, marry, fuck question including Melania, Ivanka and Carmen Electra.

6. kryptonite

For those who don't have Facebook, Bubba got LOTS of love in the comment section of the post regarding today's "live on live" deal.

You may have to copy and paste the first link into a browser. The bottom seems to go to Twitter.

facebook.com/215428201914198/posts/790068047783541/

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

It makes me very happy that Bubba and Howard are friendly. I don't get to listen to Bubba enough these days.

I look forward to hearing this segment in a few weeks or months when I finally catch up.