Week Of 5/21: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, May 21, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Opening by Royal Wedding talk/goof.

Yes, this surprises me a bit. I thought they'd be off with Memorial Day next week.

Johnny Knoxville in today. Wolfie called in. Tomorrow, we get the Wack Pack Conclave to see if Marfan Mike gets into the Wack Pack. Apparently, Beetlejuice will lead it. Wendy, Asian Pete, Medicated Pete, High Pitch, perhaps even Jeff and a bunch of others will be in to vote.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I didn't mind the mocking of the over-the-top royal wedding commentators on E!, but I really don't need to hear his myopic view of how he "put E! on the map", and that it's never had a successful show before or since.

What is he constantly trying to prove, and why?

3. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I watched the royal wedding on BBC with my wife and daughters and enjoyed it immensely. Of course his wife watched it. It was arguably the fashion event of the year. He was stupid to look down upon it. The best looking, hard bodied and best dressed people in the world showed up.. I thought his mocking of the gay guy on E somewhat crossed the line back into the antics of the pre-evolved, gay bashing Howard. Actually I am familiar with said gushing gay guy from Fashion Police. I thought Howard's impersonation was very poor... Reminds me of his lisping Richard Simmons voice. Not funny.

4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

My wife and I, and several of our friends and relatives, all watched it, or watched a recap. We also caught some of Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon on HBO, as faux commentators, which was funny.

You don't have to buy into the whole monarchy thing to find this enjoyable to watch. I gave my daughter a wedding, so seeing this over the top event is like watching Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous; it's a guilty pleasure. And Meagan Markle is supremely hot. I can't understand how Howard can go on and on about The Bachelor - and subject us to years of it - but act like this is a gay thing.

And yes, Howard's gay voice was veering amazingly close to his transsexual voice, and it was hard to listen to. But here's what's really going on in his head: once again, he has a beef with someone. This time, it's the E! network. So just like with Roger Waters, or Lorde, the E! network has wronged him, so everything they've ever done has been invalidated. And everyone who works for E! is deserving of his scorn and ridicule.

5. kryptonite

E! in today's world is red carpet shows and who-knows-what-else.

Did he put it on the map? I'm sure he helped to. I have no doubt that a lot of people called their providers to request E! because of his show...and also with Son of The Beach...but let's not kid ourselves that even without Howard, those two channels would be where they are today. Something else would have come along. There's a reason why E! and FX are around today and Cloo, Chiller, TechTV, G4, Nick GAS and others have died off.

Howard gets some of the credit for helping launch those two channels, but certainly not all.

6. kryptonite

Jeff the Drunk Stoner...three bowls, an edible and a six-pack! He makes Hank the Dwarf and the various old-school "Bong Hit" guys look like rookies!

This show is radio gold!