Week Of 5/14: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, May 13, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

KOAB judging what the staff wears.

So screetcheth MfB.

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

It's actually the tag team of KOAB and Ralph. I can't decide if this is great, or horrible.

3. scotchandcigar

Always great when Ronnie explodes at KOAB.

BTW, Howard said the segment would be on 360.

4. scotchandcigar

Best KOAB line:
    "If you can buy shirts and juice at the same time, you're in the wrong place."

Bark likes this.
  5. kryptonite

Howard on the Radio Hall of Fame.

Today's guest... Snoop Dee Oh Double Gee.

6. scotchandcigar

The show started out bad (in my opinion); he spent another hour talking about the same radio guy he shit on yesterday. Some of the other conversation was a rehash, too.

For me, the highlight was playing the clips of Kathy Griffin shitting on Andy Cohen - to Andy Cohen. Andy handled it pretty diplomatically, I thought.

JHDK likes this.
  7. kryptonite

You're not going to like the first bit of today's show.

8. scotchandcigar

That was today's show.

9. kryptonite

For some reason, I thought the following was your description of yesterday's show.

"The show started out bad (in my opinion); he spent another hour talking about the same radio guy he shit on yesterday."

I think he's goofed on this radio hall of fame thing all week!!

And I had no idea it was spelled "bawf."

10. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I think Andy Cohen said some true things about Kathy Griffin. She makes up shit. Her bread and butter is being disliked and shit upon by other celebrities. Howard does something similar. He may not outright lie but I think he exaggerates and embroiders quite a bit. Probably outright lies too. She doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs. Sounds right. She is deadly serious about one thing, her career. Remember the D-List reality series? She was somewhat concerned about doing an appearance somewhere because her father was dying. As I recall, she went, he died. Reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm bit when Larry's mother is dying in the hospital but she doesn't want to bother Larry because he is "busy" and his father (played by Shelly Berman), for the same reason, doesn't tell him that she is dead and that a funeral was held without bothering him.

11. scotchandcigar

It's a tough career to be famous for shitting on people. But prior to her misfortune, I never heard her say a bad word about Andy. In fact, he's very big with "her gays" (I hate when she says that), and he's responsible for tons of programming that basically parallels and reinforces the exact thing that she does. So her anger towards Andy is clearly misplaced and misguided. I thought he pretty much took the high road.

12. sadchild

sadchild Dude

"Your love is shit!" "Your sentiment is shit!"

I lol'd at Howard's Mothers Day story

13. kryptonite

There's something about the name "King of All Blacks."

The way things are going, it almost seems un-PC to call someone "black" even if they are black. Yet, we have a guy "all blacks."

With that said, I wish Angry and Big were still on more. I believe one of them is entirely off.

Here's some:

14. scotchandcigar

The moniker KOAB is intentionally un-PC, that's what makes it funny.

kryptonite likes this.
  15. kryptonite

Indeed.

"King of all People of Color" doesn't have the same ring. Of course, KOAB dates back to when it was ok to call someone black.

Part of me is waiting for things to come full-circle. With it being permissible to call someone a "Person of Color" will it ever be ok to call someone a "Colored Person?"

I mean, they're kind of the same thing, are they not?