Week Of 4/9: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Apr 9, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Howard and Beth had a terrible weekend because they had to put down a cat, but then some of Pat Monahan's music saved them.

JD finally collected the rest of the basketball money.

Mike Litoris with the weather gets a Jackie laugh.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

That synopsis might be good enough for me, I may not bother listening.

3. kryptonite

Yeah, it was a bit of a bummer way to start the show. I'm sure it gets better.

Here's the guy's name mentioned right after the first break:
    Mike Litterst Archives

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

The only thing worse than promising 360 "soon" is cat talk.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  5. kryptonite

Negan from Walking Dead was today's guest. Howard was talking about how he has to be careful when saying that guy's name around black people.

As far as cat talk, it just reminds me of Howard being a huge softie. The old show would have ragged mercilessly on him. Wahhh my cat died wahhh I can't pee in public (also brought up today.) Wahhh my cat went limp to confirm the death.

As a throwback bonus, the doctor's name was Jackie which reminded me of Timmy. (F Timmy and F Jackie.)

JHDK likes this.
  6. scotchandcigar

Well, that seals the deal. I don't watch Walking Dead, so I'm skipping today's HSS.

7. kryptonite

Someone posted on MarksFriggin Facebook that tomorrow is the 10th year anniversary of the Teddy-Artie fight.

Whatever Howard talks about tonorrow...it won't be that. That was the show that was never replayed beyond the west coast feed.

The following week was the two days of Stuttering John stuff.

MarksFriggin.com - Stern Show News - Archive

8. kryptonite

Today:
    T-O-P-L-E-S-S
    Who pees in the shower? Not Howard.
    A hot girl called in en route to jury duty. No surprise creep Ronnie may have scared her off...or was she about to go through the metal detector anyways? Hmmmm...
    Amy Schumer visited (it sounds like FF material for a few of you.)
    Oh...and Howard is absolutely dreading going to Cleveland, even though Beth wants to make it into a fun weekend.

9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I remember really liking him last year so I look forward to hearing him again. He also let out a spoiler saying that he was contracted through this season on the show. Before he said that we didn't know if he would be killed off last season.

I've taken a bit of a Howard break lately. I am currently 12 shows behind. Just not feeling it these past few weeks. I'm sure I'll go on a marathon run sooner or later.

10. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Heard Howard answering a caller about how he became friends with Bon Jovi. No mention of his war with the band when the Scott Muni (of the most popular FM progressive rock music station, WNEW 102.7) wouldn't have them on to promote their album unless they promised not to promote on THSS, then on KROK. At that time, Howard commented that Guns 'n Roses made Bon Jovi look like a bunch of girls.

11. scotchandcigar

Over the years, he's been at odds with about half of the entertainment industry. Now he's Mr. Pleasant. I'd be interested to know if any of his guests have called him out; "Didn't you say this or that about me?"

12. scotchandcigar

My workplace recently started blocking the SXM desktop app, so I have to listen through my phone. It's enough of an extra hassle that I just skip some days. Depending on what I'm doing, it can be too distracting anyway.

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

That sucks. I've had that filter on my work computer for years now. However, about 2 years ago they installed free, open wifi for all the residents with no filters so now I just switch over to that every time I get to work.

14. kryptonite

Welcome to Howard's blacklist.

15. kryptonite

No guests today, but a caller in her 50s who talked about having sex which Howard and Robin goofed on.

The alien talk and there's the Riley drop! :)

Next week, Ronnie and Stephanie come in. (YEAHHHH!! SIXTY NINE!!!)

I see on the screen that Richard and Sal got naked.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  16. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

When Howard asked Madonna why she hadn't been in before (or something like that) she said "I thought you didn't like me." Howard responded that he used to be asshole, or something like that. Speaking of being an asshole, I am surprised that a phony, buffoonish, George Takei has become a regular part of the show. Howard owes that guy, a true "friend of the show", little more respect.

17. kryptonite

After the Negan interview, they played a "Hi this is Hank Azaria, Moe the Bartender from The Simpsons" drop.

Yet, the woman who does Bart got in trouble for the voicemail greeting. Go figure.

18. scotchandcigar

I'm guessing Azaria recorded the drop when he was on the show. If so, you're comparing an authentic character voice actor to an imitator.