Week Of 3/19: Vacation

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Mar 21, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

It's a vacation week, but wait. All week long on Sternthology (afternoons 101) is a "Meet the Wack Pack" series.

Yesterday, 100 had a segment with Bigfoot talking about if he knew (IIRC) what various sex things were. At that same time on 101, there was an awesome segment where they were having a contest where someone would win a spot in the Wack Pack. Bigfoot won. Artie was in hysterics the whole time and even goofed on him a few times, he did.

Today was a segment featuing Riley Martin. I may miss that geezer just a little bit.

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I missed all of last week so the vacation give me a chance to catch up.

3. kryptonite

Exactly.

I'm torn. On one hand, it's pathetic how there isn't any live content until Howard returns. OTOH, why am I happy that someone (Brent?) is putting thought into Sternthology?

At least "back in the day" they had all those themed weeks like Fight Week or WNBC or whatever.

The last time he returned live:
    MarksFriggin.com - Stern Show News - Archive
    I suppose we can look forward to more of this when he returns...and we conplained about four days per week with ten weeks off per year.

Who works less than Howard?

JHDK likes this.
  4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

To be fair, John Stewart was on-air for a total of 2 hours per week, 5 for the late-night and daytime hosts. Howard does 12.

5. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

There is no comparison between putting on a professionally produced TV show and putting on an episode of THSS. Howard and Robin wing it for various periods of time every show. How much planning is involved when they mock JD or Ronnie for half an hour or so? Sometimes when Howard interviews a guest it seems he has skimmed the notes... He can still do a great interview but it is not the same (in terms of preparation) as doing it before a TV camera.

6. kryptonite

Also... keep in mind most radio shows work more of a regular schedule...five days per week, etc. I'd also bet that most major shows with multiple co-hosts usually have staggered vacations so that at least one major member is usually live. I suppose that's the downfall of listening to THSS and not "Mornings with Howard and Robin featuring Fred and Gary."

Another bummer? I was perusing MarksFriggin yesterday and at the end of the last History of Howard segment, it was mentioned that Part 5 was already in production. Some time later, it was mentioned that it would have covered the 2002-2005 years, but it was "too soon" to air it or some similar reason. It would have aired December 2011. It's now 2018.

It'll never happen now because Howard allegedly fired the entire tapes team and got lazy regarding the entire channels.

We're still waiting for Howard 360, BTW.

7. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

The on-air talent of the TV show doesn't do the production work. For a late-night show, the host arrives midday, they tape at dinner time, and it's over. So if Howard does 2 hours of off-air work per episode, and Fallon does 4 (on a 4 day per week schedule), it's about the same total work time.

Keep in mind that a TV hour is 40 minutes of air-time, whereas THSS is more like 50.

JHDK likes this.
  8. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

What are you implying?

JHDK likes this.
  10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Just that I'm very patient and willing to continue waiting as months turn into years while 360 is still nowhere to be seen.

HecticArt likes this.
  11. kryptonite

Howard is coming...in 360 lifetimes!