Week Of 2/26: Live

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Feb 26, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Howard came back and immediately had an issue with Robin's microphone. Thom the engineer came in to fix it and that was a whole thing. The first caller complained he takes too much time off. MfB shrieked about Howard going on Letterman's new show later this week. A big thing involving Howard's take on Billy Graham dying.

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Howard working through tech issues is always compelling radio. I like it better when he blows up and screams at staff but even still, it was an interesting way to start the show.

3. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Howard paid tribute to Mike Walker yet Howard had thrown Mike under the bus years back. He discontinued the gossip game suddenly as part of some kind of imagined upgrade of the show and later ridiculed the game and Mike. Typical Howard making an ex-player into a non-person. In the same show, he got into gun control and showed me again how much I have been in denial about his beliefs. He is a true-blue gun nut. He thinks Americans need small arms to protect themselves against "rogue government'? WTF? Is he living the 18th Century? He seemed to defend... he did defend ......owning an assault rife. Home owners need "force multipliers" to defend against home invading escaped convicts. WTF?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I think assault riffles should remain legal to buy.

5. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

6. kryptonite

The whole conspiracy was that Mike remained part of the show so he wouldn't "spill the beans" on Howard's wig or divorce or whatever "inside info" he had.

Howard has a license. I'm not sure if he owns a gun, but it wouldn't surprise me.

7. kryptonite

Legal, sure. Easy to get? That's a different story. For home protection, a steady hand and a basic pistol/revolver would certainly do the trick.

For hunting, I'm not sure what something of that nature would do other than turn the animal into instant shredded meat...wouldn't a shotgun be a better weapon for taking down a large animal?

You'll probably never see me hunt, but I don't want to take the rights away from people who keep their guns locked up except for when they're involved in hunting. These hunters...they go to the range, hunt, go home and use their safes.

It's these people who want to arm the teachers or take their guns to the movie theaters or to Broadway or wherever... really?? IMO, the Florida dude couldn't legally buy a beer...but he could own a semiautomatic? That's wacky.

8. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Howard's disgusted outrage over eating meat is silly. His holier than thou attitude is even dumber when you consider he still eats fish and just stopped eating chicken like 2 years ago. Also, if he's so compassionate towards the animals he should be a straight up vegan. Animals that produce milk and eggs are not treated that great.

But I do love busting on JD even if I disagree with the premise. I wish he would stand up for himself every now and then. Not all the time, but fight back 1 time JD.

9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Howard is usually good with female stars. I enjoyed both recent Scarlett Johansson and Charlize Theron interviews so I am looking forward to hearing Jennifer Lawrence.

10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

This is all true but I don't think it's as bad as you seem to think. It was a segment on the show that ended. That's showbiz. While I would have liked it to keep going it's not on Howard to give Mike's segment a farewell season before ending it. Also, Howard and the gang would bust on Mike and how stupid the segment was even while they did it. Saying it was a dumb bit after it was done was no real change from what he said all along.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

They took the tests???

The reveal should be fun radio. I like both Memet and Brent. Memet comes off as a total egomaniac at times and Brent comes off as arrogant at times but they are both entertaining characters and I'm happy they have become regulars.

It took WAY too long to get Brent on air. He was great with Bubber and when I heard he was working for Stern I was so happy to hear the news, but it took like a year before they had him on air.

12. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

My memory is that it was bad. I was surprised at the time that he could be so cruelly dismissive of someone who had been a good friend of the show. I enjoyed those bits especially when Howard guessed incorrectly. Maybe a caller inquired about the game and Howard just dismissed it in a few words like it was too cheesy for his show.

JHDK likes this.
  13. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Just listened to the Jennifer Lawrence interview. I love her. Must listen again. There are so many questions to ask this woman, why waste time on questions like what would you do if a guy you liked had herpes? What if the guy was anti-Semitic? And then to say something on the 8th grade level like "you wouldn't let him in your pussy?" Oh well. Exciting to have her on the show.

14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Usually @sternshow is a boring, promotional account. However this one made me laugh:

15. kryptonite

The dude who stopped going to Jewish religious services after a divorce is the same dude who stopped eating meat when he got a wife who was all into saving animals.

Remember when he had those PETA girls on and was going to crush bugs until they made out? Now he's walking around the beach and saving dying birds while adopting cats.

It makes me wonder what Howard would eat if he divorced Beth.

Besides crow.

scotchandcigar and JHDK like this.
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Lawrence was talking about how as an actor the movie you aren't proud of is the one that "haunts you forever". Robin then asked, "What is that one?" and it seemed like she was going to answer but Howie jumped in too quick and changed the topic to Twilight. I would have liked to hear the answer.

Besides that I have been enjoying this interview very much. I think it's a good mix between joking around and getting a real sense of where Lawrence came from and her thoughts on the industry.

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  17. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I'm looking forward to Red Sparrow

18. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

#MeToo. I probably won't go to the theater to see it but I like female spy movies. Last year Atomic Blonde was fun and this one looks entertaining as well.

19. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

20. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Jennifer did eventually name the movie, though I forget what it was.