Week 8

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
texans

Maybe some of you guys can help me with something. The Texans just got done pounding the Bengals 35-6. They've now won 3 in a row. Now I've heard 3 wins in a row equals a winning streak? Is that right? We're not too familiar with this kind of thing down in Houston. Losing streaks, all too common. But winning streaks? (Think I'm exaggerating? This is Houston's first 3-game single-season winning streak EVER!)

And yeah, I know the 3 wins came against Miami, Detroit, and Cincy...nothing to brag about. But hey, one more win and we'll be back to .500! That's mediocrity! :bigthumbup:

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Miami, Detroit, and Cincy... :right:

Hey, Take the W's any way you can, against anyone you can.

I was proud of my Saints taking care of business over in London. Nice win against the Chargers. What happened to those guys? Oh yeah, Norv Turner. ;)

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I was proud of my Saints taking care of business over in London. Nice win against the Chargers.

Yeah, that was a fun game to watch, being in London and it was very high-scoring. Looked like a college game with all the offense.

I like the idea of the NFL playing a game over in London once a year. But why did Goodell have to put the Saints in that spot, taking away one of their home games in New Orleans? Seems to me like that city's fans, more than anyone, could use all the home games they can get.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Hey I'm Texans fan and I'm still happy a win, a win to me. The Cardinals almost won there game, but in Phoenix that means same old Cardinals! :rolleyes:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The New York Giants took one from Pittsburgh. A pretty exciting last five minutes to the game.

I only picked 5 correct against the spread. I don't think I've picked a Miami game correct all year.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Yeah, tell me about it...they were all at home, too. But as a Texans fan, you learn that wins don't come all that often. Anything to cheer about, I'll take.
I know what you are going through! Do you know how many consecutive losing seasons I had to endure as a Saints fan, before they started winning. Before the glory years. :rolleyes:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I know what you are going through! Do you know how many consecutive losing seasons I had to endure as a Saints fan, before they started winning. Before the glory years. :rolleyes:

Ahhhh yes, the "Ain'ts". Aaron, not sure how old you are or how long you've been a Saint fan, but do you go back to the days of Archie Manning? That was before my time, but if you've been a fan that long, I feel for ya man.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I was born in '76, so I guess I started paying attention to the Saints around '81 or '82 - The Bum Phillips years - perhaps I didn't have too many years to wait for a winning season... It just never seemed possible with this franchise until they actually started winning some games in '87. Through all the bad years, two straight decades of losing seasons, the fans of New Orleans never gave up on that team. :)

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Mike Singletary

My all-time favorite player is now a head coach. I'm not sure how much success he will have with the 49ers, or if they will keep him after this season, but he will be a good head coach someday. I liked his comments after the game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc"]YouTube - Mike Singletary Rant - Vernon Davis[/ame]

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I think Singletary is going to be a good NFL head coach. He's pretty much the complete opposite of guys like Wade Phillips in Dallas. Singletary's not taking any crap under any circumstances, from anyone. We saw that yesterday when he sent Vernon Davis off the field. Something tells me Singletary knew what he was doing when he didn't accept that Baylor coaching position.

Don't know if you guys saw this sideline interview with him, but it's absolutely incredible. The reporter's name is Danyelle Sargent. The video won't work here when embedded but click on the blue link at the top.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ILQbByawE]YouTube - Mike on the ghost of Bill Walsh[/ame]

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
I think Singletary is going to be a good NFL head coach. He's pretty much the complete opposite of guys like Wade Phillips in Dallas. Singletary's not taking any crap under any circumstances, from anyone. We saw that yesterday when he sent Vernon Davis off the field. Something tells me Singletary knew what he was doing when he didn't accept that Baylor coaching position.

Don't know if you guys saw this sideline interview with him, but it's absolutely incredible. The reporter's name is Danyelle Sargent. The video won't work here when embedded but click on the blue link at the top.

YouTube - Mike on the ghost of Bill Walsh

oof, what a blunder there...as dice would say, who did you blow to get this job?!?