Wap

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
How are you guys doing with this?

I had no issues with my iPhone, but now with my BB Storm I am not happy how the browser works.

I do have to log into DRC then switch to mobile.

How do you do it?

I wonder if I should switch the default for mobile phone to Mobile DRC? Thoughts?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Most moderator tools have to be done sans wap. I can only delete threads via wap.

I use Sprint and things work great on my Palm Centro :)

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Hey, MM...I get the same issue on my Tour where the full home page loads, then I have to log in then manually switch it to mobile.
However, I get the mobile version on my iPod Touch and it remembers me.
I'm not sure how it runs in the background, but maybe there is a server side setting that can be changed to treat the BB browser as "mobile". Or, maybe it's a cookie thing.
On my BB Tour, I can set change the Browser ID to be either Blackberry, IE, or Firefox. Mine is set to BB. If I get some time, maybe I'll mess with those settings to see if that changes things at all.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Hey, MM...I get the same issue on my Tour where the full home page loads, then I have to log in then manually switch it to mobile.
However, I get the mobile version on my iPod Touch and it remembers me.
I'm not sure how it runs in the background, but maybe there is a server side setting that can be changed to treat the BB browser as "mobile". Or, maybe it's a cookie thing.
On my BB Tour, I can set change the Browser ID to be either Blackberry, IE, or Firefox. Mine is set to BB. If I get some time, maybe I'll mess with those settings to see if that changes things at all.

Did you try any of those changes?

I have my browser set to BB as well. I think it's something I can try to mess with here at DRC. I think dlynx turned off the automatic mobile browser.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

I have my browser set to BB as well. I think it's something I can try to mess with here at DRC. I think dlynx turned off the automatic mobile browser.

On my phone (Samsung Omnia with Windows Mobile) the first time you visit, it loads in the default, but it remembers which mode you leave it in, and it remembers your log in / password too.

I usually run Opera, not Explorer.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York

I did try that, actually.
What happened is that there was no change for DRC.
On other sites however, where you'd normally be rendered a mobile page by default on the handheld (in a case where the site is designed to do that), I was shown the standard page.

Now that we're chatting about this, I vaguely remember this being an issue when you launched the site. IIRC, there were issues where browsers were mistakenly being recognized as mobile, or some mobile users preferred the full DRC site???

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I am going to turn on the mobile detection for DRC to see how it goes.

Let me know how it works for you guys.