Wack Pack Conclave

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Bark, May 24, 2018.

1. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

I know it's been a while since I posted, but at the risk of trolling, I didn't like this bit. I'm disappointed. (Wendy and Jeff did make their little pieces of it good though.)

1. Too many outside opinions coming in. Wolfie was horrendous. I don't care what the staff thinks.

2. Too much moderation by Howard. I think it would have been better as a taped bit, or a 2006 Howard 101 broadcast. Let the craziness free-flow.

3. The roster was sparse. They had like two years to plan this. For sure Wack Pack logistics are daunting, but look who wasn't there (not counting Hanzi or Underdog Lady, two who definitely wouldn't come):
    • Angry Alice
    • Ass Napkin Ed
    • Beetlejuice
    • Fred the Elephant Boy
    • Gary the Conqueror
    • Jeff the Vomit Guy
    • John the Stutterer
    • Mark the Bagger
    • Melrose Larry Green
    • Miss Howard Stern
    • Mick the Nerd
    • Monotone Matt
    • Siobhan the Transsexual
    • Sour Shoes
    • Tan Mom

2. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I tuned out. I am a life long fan of Howard and am still one but I have had it with doody jokes, Wendy, speech impediment bits, lisping homo bits, Wendy, Bobo, Ray Stern bits, Underdog Lady, calling tits "tiddies", Sal and Richard, George Takei impersonations, trashing of anyone who criticizes Israel, Wendy and what's her name from Brooklyn.

3. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Hanzi is straight-up banned. A lot of people were asking where Beet was. Andrea Owenby (Miss Howard Stern) actually had a legit reason for quitting/semi-quitting the show...was it a car crash? I forget.

It sound like Neigh likes the interviews and that's about it.

Didn't I start a thread?

4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I agree with most of this, although I can enjoy a few of these if they're kept brief. I'm really on the fence about whether it's even ok to have Marfan Mike on the show, but I certainly can't handle a 4 hour conclave.

And you left out a few things: using the word "vagine", saying "asshole" when he means "ass", 2 hours of "JD is a loser", 2 hours of "Ronnie's an angry pervert", the daily recap of Howard's career, the daily recap of Howard's childhood, and Robin "the newswoman" being unaware of what's going on in the world.

5. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Neigh likes Howard and Robin riffing best. Golden era was Howard, Robin and Artie riffing with Fred doing some honest laughing at Artie's quips. Neigh likes many interviews... Alanis Morissette years ago, that first interview of Seinfeld after many years of not being on and many other interviews... Not so great when Howard is over prepared with notes and pretends to really know something or when the interviewee is thrilled to be interviewed by Howard and is too anxious to please...

6. kryptonite

IMO, Golden Era #1 started with Billy and ended around 2000/2001... right before the FCC Janet Jackson stuff... probably right around the time Hank died. The "Seinfeld's girl is 17" and the Losers/Backside Boys stuff, Private Parts, US Open Sores, etc.

I wish I had bought stock in balogna and cream cheese companies. Ha!

Golden Era #2 was about 2006-2008 and maybe a smidge after. I could listen almost all day to 100/101. When he started talking about suing Sirius over the merger, that was the beginning of the end of GE #2.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  7. kryptonite

I just saw bits and pieces of the Conclave via the app and it brought back a ton of memories of the E! show...only this might be much better. The studio has a few similarities to the old K-Rock one.

Outside various quick clips, this is my first time watching in about 10 years.

This video service will be awesome. Maybe, just maybe, it'll be live.