Unfortunate (people's) names

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Oren, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

I thought of this when I answered kingchuck's quiz on the board a little while ago.

Moon Unit... what an unfortunate name! lol

I once new a girl named "Sunshine". Swear to god!

:rolleyes:

Oren

2. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

Try this, Planet Swan. Yes, I met someone who's name is that.

In fact, I think if you do a search on that name, you may find her on the Internet.

3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I met a woman named "Aquanetta" once.

"Barack Hussein Obama" has an unfortunate name. He's the "Gaydolf Shitler" of his generation.

4. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Dana Carvey did a good bit about Obama in his HBO special this summer. He said Obama's name couldn't be worse if it was Charles Manson Hitler. Then he said he should find a guy named OJ Scott Peterson to be his running mate. Lulz.

5. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

I remember there was a college basketball player named Scientific Mapps...he had a brother with an equally odd name that I can't recall right now

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  6. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

LOL! He DOES!

A LONG time ago my friend's sister, Trudy, (a hot girl, late twenties at the time, and she was a party-girl. She looked like a more attractive, young, thin, Kirstie Alley. Very attractive. But I digress... lol)

Anyway, after years, I learned that her name was "Gertrude". She was named after her mom. (I had NO idea).

So I'm at work, I was in my early-mid 20's doing lab work with an older guy (50-ish) who I admired.

The conversation was kinda like this:

Me: "My friend Melissa.. I had no idea that her sister's name, Trudy, was short for GERTRUDE!!" That's SUCH an UGLY name!! It's a HORRENDOUS name!"

Him: "My WIFE'S name is Gertrude!!"

Me: (totally backpedaling) "Oh! Well... the name is better for an OLDER WOMAN."

Him: "You don't need to back pedal!"

Oren

LOL!! He was a wise guy. SO embarrassing (for me), but we were fine with each other after that though. No hard feelings.

:p

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  7. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

There was a college basketball player a few years ago with the name "God Shamgod" :shock:

8. Manco

Manco Active Member

Hugh Jass

9. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Blanket :jj:

I knew a guy in school named Peter Blow.

10. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

I'm not sure if this story's true or not...

Years ago, there was a black woman with the last name "King" and was in labor. As she was wheeled into the Maternity Ward, she noticed that the two doors she went through on the stretcher had two signs. The right door said "king", but she noticed that the left door read "nosmo". She loved the name so much that she named her son Nosmo King.

She found out later that the doors read "No Smoking".

11. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Dick Trickle has to be the king of the unfortunate names.

12. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

There was a cashier at my A&P whose name was "Zulmarie".

Oren

13. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

A friend of mine once dated a girl named Tambi. I guess her parents were unsure if Tami, or Bambi would be slutty enough to insure she'd be a stripper.

14. mynameisjamie

mynameisjamie Member

A student at my aunt's school was named Shithead pronounced like Shith-ead.

15. bigdaddyII

bigdaddyII Member

16. bsummers12

bsummers12 Member

Went to school with a guy who's name was Richard Head. You never called him Dick unless you wanted a fight.

17. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Sold cars to:

Hap Hazard, that was his real name. It was on his license.

Dick Head, he was a American Airlines Pilot and his name was Dick, not Richard.