Toyota/Save Mart 350 Thoughts/Predictions

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I've been meaning to count how many post on a regular basis here. Not that many. :wave:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'd bet that more than 90% of the SIRIUS listeners never even heard of this forum. And of the ones that did, a very small percentage bother to post anything. Also, of the 42 posts to this thread alone, (at the time I typed this), 9 people contributed and they are people that post here all of the time. I'd think you'd find that on most all of the threads.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Well, I think there are some well known, popular forums that people go to...and I'm not gonna name them...but I found most nascar forums seem to be full of 12 yr old types.

And I'm not counting facebook and all those types of sites that I don't bother with.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Count me in as one of the ones that stand to listen to her, she sounds like she just got a wisdom tooth pulled and her mouth is packed full of gauze. Can't stand to listen for more than a minute or 2 unless I hear she is going to interview one of my favorite drivers.

Just so this isn't completly off topic I'll take Mark Martin to get #4 this weekend

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Count me in as one of the ones that stand to listen to her, she sounds like she just got a wisdom tooth pulled and her mouth is packed full of gauze. Can't stand to listen for more than a minute or 2 unless I hear she is going to interview one of my favorite drivers.

Just so this isn't completly off topic I'll take Mark Martin to get #4 this weekend

I enjoyed her interview with Tony Stewart's dad yesterday afternoon. I bet Smoke had nothing handed to him on his way up.

Back on track.....any word if Scott Speed will be in Nemecheck's car?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Tony Stewart 1
Juan Pablo Montoya 2
Marcos Ambrose 3
Jeff Gordon 4
Brian Vickers 5
Jimmie Johnson 6
Kevin Harvick 7
Kurt Busch 8
Kyle Busch 9
Mark Martin 10
Sam Hornish Jr. 11
Robby Gordon 12

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Can't stand to listen for more than a minute or 2 unless I hear she is going to interview one of my favorite drivers.

It takes me about 45 minutes to get to work ( I leave at 4:30am). The other morning I got in my truck and turned on my sirius and CB says shes got an interview coming up NEXT...I forget who it was but I REALLY wanted to hear it.

So I think..."ok, great, I've got 45 minutes and this will be good to hear"...

Well, she kept yappin' and yappin' and saying the interview was coming up NEXT....

As I'm turning into work...about 45 minutes later....she starts playing the interview.

Well, I had to go to work by that time....and boy....was I PISSED.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
It takes me about 45 minutes to get to work ( I leave at 4:30am). The other morning I got in my truck and turned on my sirius and CB says shes got an interview coming up NEXT...I forget who it was but I REALLY wanted to hear it.

So I think..."ok, great, I've got 45 minutes and this will be good to hear"...

Well, she kept yappin' and yappin' and saying the interview was coming up NEXT....

As I'm turning into work...about 45 minutes later....she starts playing the interview.

Well, I had to go to work by that time....and boy....was I PISSED.

Totally sounds like her..... Why can't they say something to her about how she does things like that. Maybe the powers that be can't stand listening to her either...lol She came over from XM did she not?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
It seems like she does her show "off the cuff". Not a lot of planning or organization. Some handle it better than others. Postman does a great job at it.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Usually I am thinking of something quick and easy to make for dinner on race day so that I don't have to spend much time away from the actual race, today seems kind of strange that I can take my time making dinner and most likely have it finished by the time they go green.lol

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, for this time I'm not mad at the start time. I'm working and leave at 6. I'll get home and be able to watch the last half of the race. :p

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
That's not bad... I just hate when they run too late on a Sunday night and we can't stay up to watch the end.. Doesn't happen too often tho which is good.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I'm off the next two days...so it's racin' tonight and golf on Monday. Life is good. ;)

pitpass

Feb 26, 2009
NASCAR needs to do something about the full course caution BS on these road courses, they and Bobby Labonte totally screwed Robby Gordon.