Today's Denny's Commercial

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by flowerfeeder, Dec 9, 2008.

1. flowerfeeder

flowerfeeder Member

Kinda odd that Howard would give a shit enough about some new owner of Denny's to spend 5 minutes talking about it this morning during the show.

How much do you think they paid for that hidden plug?

2. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

bingo! man, why the F did Howie care so much about the Denny's CEO whole life story

3. flowerfeeder

flowerfeeder Member

Robin even chimed in "Now's the time to go to Denny's!"

4. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I didn't catch it but isn't Denny's cuisine in the same category of restaurant food that Howard considers unhealthy?

5. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

it ain't nobu that's for sure

6. GoodDog

GoodDog Well-Known Member

H and R would commit Harri-Cari on air with HTV rolling (of course) before getting within a mile of a Denny's.

7. flowerfeeder

flowerfeeder Member

I'm such a huge fan of the show and have been for years, but damn it's getting transparent.

8. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

There was a show from 2006 or 2007 where Howard brought out a radio news item talking about how Free FM was resorting to putting advertising into the show content. Howard joked about how desperate they must be to have to do that to the content of the show and that terrestrial radio must be losing a lot more money now that he wasn't there to make money for them.

Ironic.

9. k9feces

k9feces Member

Yeah he mentioned this once, just like taking Fridays off.

10. Ifandorbut

Well...Howard did mention more than once about taking Friday's off...

Just sayin'....

11. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

Some fridays.

12. Ifandorbut

Him saying "some Friday's" was Howard in complete back pedal mode. I think you're referring to the Letterman clip. Howard did say a number of times while on terrestrial radio that he was going to work a four day week.

13. Ifandorbut

In any case, Jason and Will and the rest of the back staff have Subway, Robin and Howard have Denny's.

14. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

If Denny's regularly starts to advertise on Stern, I'll go there more often.

15. Die_LaMattres

Die_LaMattres Active Member

If Denny's advertises on Sirius, that means they're desperate, and I would go out of my way not to go to that shithole.

16. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Too bad you don't go out of your way to stop listening to the Stern show. :D

17. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Be careful jef, he might come back with the dreaded, "I know you are, but what am I," bomb. :smug:

18. Die_LaMattres

Die_LaMattres Active Member

Hey, did you send this same message to several million Stern fans? I think they took you literally. Please discontinue this practice immediately. If a few more people bail, the company may have to resort to cost cutting measures.

19. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

"Several million" are lost, yet DLM remains. :D

20. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

Anytime Howard says "Something isn't a commercial" his story about radio sneaking them in. I know TV is doing....there was an episode of a sitcom recently centering around Dr. Quinn's necklace for some diamond company.

I don't think it's an actual commercial for Denny's, but Howard letting Denny's know he is a fan...of their CEO (a nice way of advertising for them while not haivng to actually talk about the food, which he would never eat).