Tmd

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
I stopped listening to TMD a short while back, I stopped listening to the Chocolate show even before that. I really enjoy Moody's show during the first 1/2 hour when the important news etc. gets discussed and during any interviews he has with drivers, track owners, etc. Other than that, I have switched entirely to the other sports talk channels on XM. If you took Nate Ryan, Pete Pistone, Mike Bagley, Rick Benjamin, Pat Patterson, and 4 or 5 others, whose names escape me right now, and threw them all into a box and pulled one out to host a show, no one would give a damn which one it was, because they all could pass as the same guy! They all say the same things. David Poole was what made the Morning Drive, any of the others would have been fine with him on the show. Moody is different and can hold down his own show and Post managed to keep his show interesting even with the likes of Buddy Baker and Chocolate Myers on with him, because he is a different personality himself. You need a personality and TMD has no personality anymore.

9FNZ

Oct 18, 2008
I've never heard/read so much whining in my life, you all need to break out the tea set and have yourselves a big ole Pity Party....my god. Have any of you ever done radio? I'm guessing NO, if you had done any radio in your life you would know that it's not easy to talk for 4 hours a day 5 days a week and keep it completely interesting to everyone all the time. I dabbled in radio a little bit way back in the day and if you think it's easy think again. The shows are good for the most part sure somedays the lag a little but that is mostly cause of the callers, most of the mouth breather callers that call these shows have no clue and that will get me to turn it off quicker than anything.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I didn't read anything about anyone saying it was easy. I just read a bunch of opinions on some of the shows. You sure don't have to agree with them. I know I don't.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I've never heard/read so much whining in my life, you all need to break out the tea set and have yourselves a big ole Pity Party....my god. Have any of you ever done radio? I'm guessing NO, if you had done any radio in your life you would know that it's not easy to talk for 4 hours a day 5 days a week and keep it completely interesting to everyone all the time. I dabbled in radio a little bit way back in the day and if you think it's easy think again. The shows are good for the most part sure somedays the lag a little but that is mostly cause of the callers, most of the mouth breather callers that call these shows have no clue and that will get me to turn it off quicker than anything.

Have you LISTENED to Nascar radio? :scratch:

The channel is one BIG bitch session.

Callers bitch about Nascar.

Callers bitch about the tracks.

Callers bitch about the hosts.

Callers bitch about the drivers.

Hosts bitch about the tracks.

Hosts bitch about the drivers.

Hosts bitch about the callers :shock:

Shoot, Moody almost had an on air meltdown when people were calling up saying that the cooler air this weekend would have no effect on the smaller restrictor plate :rolleyes:

If the hosts don't like it, they're free to leave. I would hate to see Mike Bagley go anywhere. I like him. I like Pete Pistone, too, but together, something's not right :worried:

Just like when Marty Snyder hosted TMD with David Poole. Marty was great with other (Mark Garrow co-hosted a few times with Marty), but Marty with Poole just was not right.

Likewise Bagley with Poole was great. But Bagley with Pistone is not.

Maybe they should have brought back John Keernen to co-host (if he's not doing anything else, that is). Maybe move CBL to the mornings to co-host. CBL was better when she co-hosted with Tim Farley back in the XM144 days :)

I've moved on from TMD. Sometimes it's Open Road. Sometimes it's '60s on 6. Sometimes it's Mad Dog Radio. But like others, I can, and will, bitch about Nascar radio if I want to.
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
you all need to break out the tea set and have yourselves a big ole Pity Party

I've got a Pity Party planned for this weekend. But I don't have a tea set.

But I do have a question since this is my first Pity Party.....Do you have friends over for a Pity Party or do you do it by yourself? :idunno:

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine

Did you dribble when you dabbled?
I don't much give a crap whether it's easy for them, my job isn't always easy for me, but if I don't produce, I get replaced. Some of these guys aren't producing so it's time to replace them.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Was anyone listening this morning to TMD when they went to break but we still heard what they were talking about.. LMAO That is the best...lol

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Was anyone listening this morning to TMD when they went to break but we still heard what they were talking about.. LMAO That is the best...lol

They used to do that all the time when Marty was on the show. Poole would even come on Sirius Backstage and comment about it :right:

Was there any good dirt one the off-air show? :scratch:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I would think that if you are by yourself then you can whine about that which would enhance the "Pity" part of the party.

But with nobody there......hmmmm....I need to think this over. :shifty:

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
They used to do that all the time when Marty was on the show. Poole would even come on Sirius Backstage and comment about it :right:

Was there any good dirt one the off-air show? :scratch:
Posted via Mobile Device

They pretty much just went on about the last caller and how drunk he must have been and so on... lol They razed on him pretty good thinking they were off air.. lol It was great....

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Oh man, those times when they were on the air and didn't know it were AWESOME.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I'm beginning to like Chocolate Myers more & more. If they moved Rick & Chocolate to the mornings, I'd be cool with it :cool:
Posted via Mobile Device