Titans broadcast ?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Sirterp, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Sirterp

Sirterp Member

I've noticed that the Titans broadcasts are never on Sirius. Does anyone know why?

2. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I believe the Titans are the only NFL team not included on the NFL's deal with Sirius. You can hear Titans games, but it'll always be the opposing team's broadcast (or national broadcast, like Westwood One). Why the Titans aren't invovled with the deal, I have no idea.

3. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I've been trying to find out now for 3 years as to why this is. It really pisses me off:mad: I wish the NFL would lay down the law and force them to simulcast thier home feed on Sirius. I've been wondering when the Titans contract runs out with WKDF, maybe then it can be put on Sirius.

4. snakester

snakester Member

So THAT'S why Titans games are always done with either the away feed or a national feed on XM.

You learn something new every day :)

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I believe the issue is with the Titan's host broadcaster. They appearantly take the anti-satrad doctrine of the NAB very seriously.

6. snakester

snakester Member

Yeah but why Sirius' deal with the NFL doesn't over ride that is the question here. Other stations feel the same way but they still get forced to give their feeds up.

7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I think the others took the money and ran.