The Superheros Tv Shows Thread

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
‘Gotham’ TV Series Casting 10-Year-Old Bruce Wayne

While DC and Warner Bros. have been a bit slow to the gate in establishing their Cinematic Universe when compared to their rivals over at Marvel, their television universe via the CW’s Arrow series is in full flourish, while Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is only just finding its voice. Thus, when the news first broke about a series set in a pre-Batman Gotham City, it seemed like an inspired way for DC to expand their small-screen universe, but not in the way fans were expecting.

Originally thought to be based on the Gotham Central run of comics, the show now known as Gotham was picked up by Fox after a bidding war broke out over the rights to air the Warner Bros. show. All we previously knew was that Gotham would focus on Commissioner James Gordon as a young officer, and provide origin stories for Gordon and presumably a whole host of other characters in Batman’s rogues gallery of villains. Now, we know a bit more about what could be one of the series’ over-arcing plots.

A listing on TV Show Auditions for the Gotham series includes a casting call for a 10-year-old Bruce Wayne, who will be a series regular. The site also informs us that the show has been “under development for a year,†with shooting to begin in March 2014, and provides a series through-line which directly involves young Master Wayne. Namely, that it “will center on Gotham City PD rookie detective James Gordon who investigates the double murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne.â€

his event – as any halfway casual Batman fan knows – had a profound lasting effect on Bruce Wayne, eventually inspiring him to train himself to a mental and physical peak and don a terrifying costume in order to strike fear into the hearts of the criminals and corrupt of Gotham City. If the plot described above is at all accurate, it could mean that as Gordon investigates the murder, he experiences a character arc parallel to Bruce Wayne’s, learning firsthand how lawless Gotham is and resolving in his own way to change things.

At least that’s how the plot generally goes in a lot of the Batman-Gordon origin stories, with the most recent being the storyline of this year’s video game Batman: Arkham Origins, which quite effectively puts Batman and Gordon at odds with each other. Casting a young Bruce Wayne on this series leads to the question of how many younger versions of other well-known characters we may see. Bruce’s butler/surrogate father Alfred Pennyworth seems like the most natural bet, along with (maybe) some of Gordon’s GCPD mainstays like Harvey Bullock or Gordon’s usual predecessor Commissioner Loeb – it’s also an even bet that we’ll see some of the Bat’s future enemies in their pre-super-villain form, such as Oswald Cobblepot (The Penguin) or Victor Fries (Mr. Freeze), and maybe even a young Harvey Dent (Two-Face).

The question of whether or not Gotham could cross-over with Arrow or the planned series based on Barry Allen AKA The Flash remains unanswered, but doesn’t seem likely, given the different networks and timelines involved. With DC and Warner Bros. making aggressive strides toward dominating the super-hero movie conversation by casting the new Wonder Woman for Batman vs. Superman, it feels increasingly unlikely that the small-screen and big-screen DC continuities will ever cross-over.

What about you, Screen Ranters? Are you interested in seeing a small-screen exploration of Commissioner Gordon and Bruce Wayne’s origins, even if it means never crossing over to the big-screen?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Like any other Sci-Fi show, FOX will probably put it in a lousy time slot, show the episodes out of order, and then cancel it. Like they did to Firefly and now, Almost Human. FOX can suck it. It's better off on Netflix, Amazon on Hulu.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Like any other Sci-Fi show, FOX will probably put it in a lousy time slot, show the episodes out of order, and then cancel it. Like they did to Firefly and now, Almost Human. FOX can suck it. It's better off on Netflix, Amazon on Hulu.

I never seen Firefly, but Almost Human was just bad. FOX doesn't' do well with sci-fi shows, you seen what happened to The Terminator, Terra Nova and Alcatraz, couple of those shows were good and only lasted for one season. I don't why they renewed Sleepy Hollow, I believe FOX only good sci-shows were Fringe and The X-Files. This show deals with Batman and it might do well, since superhero shows are more of today sci-fi reality.

I saw this over at wiki: Gotham (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As originally conceived, the series would have served as a straightforward story of Gordon's early days on the Gotham City Police force. The idea evolved not only to include the Bruce Wayne character, but will also tell the origin stories of several Batman villains, including the Penguin, the Riddler, Catwoman, Two-Face, the Joker and Poison Ivy.

So maybe the show has some potential? But will found out next week what day and time the show will be when all the networks announce their 2014–15 United States network television schedule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia lineups.

NBC will be the first to announce its fall schedule on May 11, 2014, followed by Fox on May 12, ABC on May 13, CBS on May 14, and The CW on May 15

Last edited:

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I never seen Firefly, but Almost Human was just bad. FOX doesn't' do well with sci-fi shows, you seen what happened to The Terminator, Terra Nova and Alcatraz, couple of those shows were good and only lasted for one season. I don't why they renewed Sleepy Hollow, I believe FOX only good sci-shows were Fringe and The X-Files. This show deals with Batman and it might do well, since superhero shows are more of today sci-fi reality.

I saw this over at wiki: Gotham (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So maybe the show has some potential? But will found out next week what day and time the show will be when all the networks announce their 2014–15 United States network television schedule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia lineups.

Fox kept Fringe on the air for 4 seasons despite low ratings. So you never know what they will do. I bet if the CW or cable would have picked it up it would have a better chance. Who knows it might last. Looks like a cool show either way.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Fox kept Fringe on the air for 4 seasons despite low ratings. So you never know what they will do. I bet if the CW or cable would have picked it up it would have a better chance. Who knows it might last. Looks like a cool show either way.

The CW originally was supposed to air Gotham, but FOX out bidded them to air it. Hopefully it can be an interesting show. I haven't seen one episode of Arrow which airs on the CW and I guess that doing well, Smallville lasted for 10 seasons.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
The CW originally was supposed to air Gotham, but FOX out bidded them to air it. Hopefully it can be an interesting show. I haven't seen one episode of Arrow which airs on the CW and I guess that doing well, Smallville lasted for 10 seasons.

Arrow is good. Its not a little kids show. They kill a lot of people. Its pretty violent.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Arrow is good. Its not a little kids show. They kill a lot of people. Its pretty violent.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I'm do remember the Green Arrow character on Smallville killing quite a few people once in a while. I just looked it up and there are 44 episodes, but unfortunately the CW network doesn't have all the episodes online to catch up, but I know some sites where I can watch all shows, I'll give it a try.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
It's a different guy playing Arrow and a really different vibe. I don't watch religiously(not enough time) but when its on I try to make an effort.

I remember reading that either FOX or CBS had a chance to get The Walking Dead and passed. Thank god they did because of the gore and violence. That is the biggest TV in cable history and it beats all of TV in the 18-49 demo. It doubles Big bang Theory in that demo and is coming close to catching it in total viewers. I think its up to 16 million total and 11 million in the 18-49 demo. I read somewhere that the season 4 premiere in Europe destroyed all their cable ratings. Something like 25 million people. My wife and I love it. To us it's worth the price of Satellite!

I bet FOX is kicking themselves now. It's not for everyone but it keeps adding viewers every season. That's pretty cool.

OK i found the articles.

'The Walking Dead' Season Four Scores Record Ratings in Europe - The Hollywood Reporter

TV Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Gives Finale Best With 15.7 Million Viewers - Hollywood Reporter

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Gotham has been on for couple of weeks now, anybody else check it out yet?

So far I enjoying the show and it different on how the show focus on the villains and not the super hero for once. So far they have introduce every villian from the comics but Mr. Freeze and there showing the Penguin very quite often, unlike the other villains yet and sup for a young Cat Woman.

Plus Will Smith former wife Jada Pinkett Smith plays one of the villains.

ustv-gotham-character-posters-3.jpg

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I generally don't start paying attention to tv shows until a couple of seasons in. Not worth it to check out a show you like then have it cancelled. (Hello, almost human).

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
going into it i didnt think id like it but so far so good. it took me till e2 to realize that the girl is catwoman. the guy who plays the penguin is cool and the weekly villains seem creative. ill keep watching for now.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I'm do remember the Green Arrow character on Smallville killing quite a few people once in a while. I just looked it up and there are 44 episodes, but unfortunately the CW network doesn't have all the episodes online to catch up, but I know some sites where I can watch all shows, I'll give it a try.

I remember these posts from last year, since The Flash has been on the air. I been a huge fan, I enjoy the crossover episodes of Arrow. I been wanting to catch up and watch The Arrow, so over the weekend and up to day, I just finished watching all watching 65 episodes and yes it felt like forever to watch them, but at the end is worth it and now I finally understand the storyline and ready for new show tomorrow.

I agree, Arrow is not a little kid show. They killed a lot of people in the show and now they pretend to kill Roy Harper but now Thea Queen is now dead?

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I watched the first 4 episodes of Daredevil on Netflix and I'm hooked. It's one of the best shows out there based on a comic book character. It's very very adult oriented and very very violent. It's a great show.

I finally caught up with Arrow and The Flash. Those are some damn good shows too. I'm a little behind on Gotham.

Sent from my Note 4

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I agree, Arrow is not a little kid show. They killed a lot of people in the show and now they pretend to kill Roy Harper but now Thea Queen is now dead?

it did seem like she was killed last week but people seem to come back from the dead on arrow so who knows.

I watched the first 4 episodes of Daredevil on Netflix and I'm hooked. It's one of the best shows out there based on a comic book character. It's very very adult oriented and very very violent. It's a great show.

I finally caught up with Arrow and The Flash. Those are some damn good shows too. I'm a little behind on Gotham.

Sent from my Note 4

i really dig it too. the one thing that kinda annoys me is that they are willing to show people getting impaled through the eye, bones sticking out of bodies, but saying fuck would go to far.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
it did seem like she was killed last week but people seem to come back from the dead on arrow so who knows.

i really dig it too. the one thing that kinda annoys me is that they are willing to show people getting impaled through the eye, bones sticking out of bodies, but saying fuck would go to far.

That's how it's always been. Don't say fuck or show a women naked but show gruesome deaths.

Sent from my Note 4