The Offical RDT for the 51st Daytona 500

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
really? i could see the average nascar fan not noticing it, but one who follows the sport and knows the rules would clearly know he was outside his pit box and issued a 1 lap penalty.

I'll agree to disagree with you on that one. Even the trained professionals in the booth Sunday didn't know that there was an issue until it was pointed out to the that he was being penalized. Of course, I am talking about the FOX crew, so it's understandable.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Please don't say that. There are some of us responsible Jr. fans out there. It burns me that Jr. fans are all lumped together as they are from time to time. Like a couple of posts up how all of his fans would probably be tossing stuff onto the track had he been penalized. Maybe I'm alone on this but I have never even given it a thought to throw something on the track.

I totally agree, thats what I hate. We are all lumped together. I was sitting with those idiots at Talladega and I assure you, Jr fans were not the only ones throwing stuff. They may have been the majority, but you really cant prove it either way. We were all pissed cause we had spent all that time and money to watch them idle buy under caution to the checker. And yes, we knew it was a possibility from the start, but it stll sucked!
Nascar screw up alot, but the green white checker is the best thing they have ever done in my opinion.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Please don't say that. There are some of us responsible Jr. fans out there. It burns me that Jr. fans are all lumped together as they are from time to time. Like a couple of posts up how all of his fans would probably be tossing stuff onto the track had he been penalized. Maybe I'm alone on this but I have never even given it a thought to throw something on the track.

You're not alone on that dp, I would never think of tossing anything on the track or tossing it at any one for that matter.

There are good and bad fans that follow each and every driver. Unfortunately, it’s the bad ones make all of us look bad.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Easy, had you been sitting next to me or any of my friends that I attend races with, you would have never seen anything like that happen. Many of my friends are NASCAR fans and some attend races and they are not the type of people that do that sort of thing. It takes all kinds to make up this world and unfortunately you seem to have been sitting next to a bunch of them.

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
Not to add fuel to the fire but I find it odd that if NASCAR treats him with such 'kid gloves', why does he get penalized just before the wreck on the out of box pit violation? I mean if NASCAR wants to slant things in his direction, why not let that one slide? Nobody would have noticed.

You may have missed my earlier post about this.

That was one official who was playing fair. The higher-ups in the booth take care of the on track stuff.

Anyway, you don't think those in the booth are gonna tell the official on pitroad to let him go without the penalty when the TV camera's are watching, do yah?

Could you just imagine, that offical holding him for 1 lap and before the penalty is served waves him on! The radio shows would explode! But it would be funny to hear all the excuses the TV and radio guys would have to come up with!!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
You may have missed my earlier post about this.

That was one official who was playing fair. The higher-ups in the booth take care of the on track stuff.

Anyway, you don't think those in the booth are gonna tell the official on pitroad to let him go without the penalty when the TV camera's are watching, do yah?

Could you just imagine, that offical holding him for 1 lap and before the penalty is served waves him on! The radio shows would explode! But it would be funny to hear all the excuses the TV and radio guys would have to come up with!!

You mean kinda like the speeding penalties that were waved in the Nationwide race this past Saturday for Kyle? :confused:

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Easy, had you been sitting next to me or any of my friends that I attend races with, you would have never seen anything like that happen. Many of my friends are NASCAR fans and some attend races and they are not the type of people that do that sort of thing. It takes all kinds to make up this world and unfortunately you seem to have been sitting next to a bunch of them.

I was sitting in a crowd of losers! I will never EVER sit in the cheap seats again! You could cut the tension with a knife. I knew something very bad was about to happen and told my wife, lets get the hell out of here!

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree with that article 100%

The thing that disturbs me most about the Earnhardt/VIckers wreck is 3 things.

1) How a lot of Jr. fans are insistent on going back to Nascar having to do something about Kyle Busch being wreckless and how hes going to hurt someone when Dale Jr. has caused 2 multicar plate accidents at Daytona in the last 3 years. How many 12 car piles up has Kyle caused?

2) How the wreck was Vickers fault. The only thing that was Vicker's fault was that he was there. That he can be blamed for. Earnhardt caused the wreck, he did it intentionally, and it was 100% his fault.

3) Why isnt anybody (media and fans included) calling on Nascar for not penalizing him. The next time Brian France is on TMD, I would love someone to have the balls to ask him about this. And actually press him to get a response that isnt in another language.