The New Schedule revealed...

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Howard: "Every other week we'll be doing a 3-day week."

I didn't catch when he said this would start. I'm pleasantly surprised, because I just assumed every week would be a 3-day week. Although, I suppose he could eventually move to just 3 days a week after people grow accustomed to it.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
And of course no new talent to fill the scheduling gap that he is leaving, nor the scheduling gap left by dumping Bubba.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
I don't see how three shows is going to cover weekend programming on 100. That's a hell of a lot of replays.

It would be better to get rid of 101 and consolidate everything on 100. Hire an afternoon man for Mon-Wed when Howard is on, and then he'll be the morning man for Thursdays and Fridays when Howard takes off.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
I didn't catch when he said this would start. I'm pleasantly surprised, because I just assumed every week would be a 3-day week. Although, I suppose he could eventually move to just 3 days a week after people grow accustomed to it.

This will last for exactly 2 weeks, then its 3 days a week every week

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
With how bad the show is who even cares anymore. The only decent show this week was Monday's and then the rest were pure crap.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
think I'm gonna be cancelling. I'm already downloading most of the stuff I wanna hear anyways.

If I did not have so much driving to do (35,000 to 40,000 miles per year) I would cancel too.

I do like some of the music stations. Outside of The Howard Channels which are really becoming pathetic, I listen to about 4 or 5 other channels.

WIth more and more being available over WIFI and 3G, I would like to cancel but drive to much and through too many areas that have sucky cell phone coverage.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
If I did not have so much driving to do (35,000 to 40,000 miles per year) I would cancel too.

I do like some of the music stations. Outside of The Howard Channels which are really becoming pathetic, I listen to about 4 or 5 other channels.

WIth more and more being available over WIFI and 3G, I would like to cancel but drive to much and through too many areas that have sucky cell phone coverage.

I have so much content on my ipod I haven't listented to I could last quite some time. I got like 10 eps of geek time I havent heard. about 9 uncensored bubba's, plus their debriefing shows, plus radio manson, local 488, and a bunch of other sh*t. plus sports podcast I download from sirius ch98 in the morning every day.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
A guy called in the WUS and said something about no content on 101. They immediately blew him off and said...... we'll let Tim know. We all know how well that works. Tim is worthless.

Last edited:

Dragline

Nov 12, 2008
think I'm gonna be cancelling. I'm already downloading most of the stuff I wanna hear anyways.

I'm with you in regards to canceling. We're taking a long road trip in May, so I'll keep it for that. After that, I see no reason to keep it. Stern's been very boring this week and there are no other Stern-like shows on Sirius to pick up the slack when he is off or just plain sucks. During the first 5 years, it was always nice to have Bubba in the afternoon on the days Stern was out or when I wanted something different. Now, there's nothing. If they're not going to hire anyone else to fill out the schedule, Sirius should throw us a bone and at least make O&A available as an alternative. They're crazy if they think I'm going to pay them another $4 per month to make up for their lack of programming.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
If I could get Pandora to work on my Android phone or work Blackberry in Toronto, I would consider dumping SiriusXM. I love the music channels and listen most frequently in the car. I know I don't *have* to listen to Howard, but it's more about the principle of the matter, I would certainly strongly consider not giving my money to SiriusXM to give to Howard, just to make the point.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

huh, thanks for letting me know. yea i thought it would just go to 3 day weeks all the time but this is the same guy who said he would be working some fridays and we all know how that worked out. hopefully he sticks to this though. it would be really cool to get our hands on a copy of his contract.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
huh, thanks for letting me know. yea i thought it would just go to 3 day weeks all the time but this is the same guy who said he would be working some fridays and we all know how that worked out. hopefully he sticks to this though. it would be really cool to get our hands on a copy of his contract.

I'm glad this was revealed instead of just tuning in one day and being told that it was now 3 day weeks from now on. I dunno why, it just gives us time to "prepare" or something. :)

What I find a little irritating now is that Howard will pepper in these little comments about how he is not yet working 3 days a week, etc., and I'd be fine with it if they were in the form of jokes, but it's kind of like working alongside a complaining, disgruntled employee - you just get tired of it. If doing alternating 3-day weeks is going to mean he's going to complain about how overworked/tired he is, it's not going to be good for any of us.

He really shouldn't have signed a new contract, but I do appreciate the odd good show (like 4/14/11) now and again.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Did Howard even CONSIDER a one or two year deal? He's going to be miserable by the end of this.

I would have given him a one year deal at four days a week... a one-year continuation of the previous contract.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Don't feel bad about pirating. If Howard is surprised that John the Stutterer wanted to get paid for his show, then I'm surprised that Howard wants to get paid as well. He should pay us to listen.