The Happy Thread

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
With all the bad news & horrible people in the world these days, we should take time out to enjoy and share Good news and stories.

And Thanks to our Military and their families for all that they do and have to endure!

Soldier Sees Daughter For The First Time Ever

Soldier Sees Daughter For The First Time Ever

Could you imagine what it would be like for this to be the 1st thing you see when you get off the plane from duty? Words cannot describe

Last edited:
Reactions: Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Imagine having to leave some days after your wife gives birth. That happened to me. I probably could have stayed longer but our mission was really important.

Awesome story! Thank you for posting this. I hope people here take a look and comment.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Wow just 3 posts??? Geez :wtf2:
I think it's awesome to see our service members coming home from deployment :)

I remember coming back from Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm.

People lined the street outside Norton AFB with signs that said "Welcome Home!" :D

We had a nice little parade on the Supply BN grinder at Camp Pendleton. Kids rushed to their parent after we were dismissed ...

It's an all volunteer service. Some people make a big deal out of it. I think it's nice. I don't believe any of them are really defending our freedoms. So if no one posted this, I wouldn't get excited :scatch:

The people that really should have gotten that kind of welcome home were the Vietnam Vets. They were forced into conflict. Yet they were protested when they got home.

They are the once who deserve a do-over.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Anymore its the fact that we are defending others. Not that I mind that. Some countries need our help.

You are dead on with our Vietnam Vets. My dad did 3 tours and when he came home they treated him like shit. The man gave everything he had for his country. He is my hero. I have an uncle that was left behind but made it back. Those men helped shape me into the man I am today. Those Vets deserved better! All of them!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think it's awesome to see our service members coming home from deployment :)

I remember coming back from Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm.

People lined the street outside Norton AFB with signs that said "Welcome Home!" :D

We had a nice little parade on the Supply BN grinder at Camp Pendleton. Kids rushed to their parent after we were dismissed ...

It's an all volunteer service. Some people make a big deal out of it. I think it's nice. I don't believe any of them are really defending our freedoms. So if no one posted this, I wouldn't get excited :scatch:

The people that really should have gotten that kind of welcome home were the Vietnam Vets. They were forced into conflict. Yet they were protested when they got home.

They are the once who deserve a do-over.
This.
Anymore its the fact that we are defending others. Not that I mind that. Some countries need our help.

You are dead on with our Vietnam Vets. My dad did 3 tours and when he came home they treated him like shit. The man gave everything he had for his country. He is my hero. I have an uncle that was left behind but made it back. Those men helped shape me into the man I am today. Those Vets deserved better! All of them!
And this too.

The guys that served in WW II were treated great. Nam, the treatment was deplorable. I believe, or want to believe, that troops are treated much better now, even if civilians don't understand why they are fighting, or what they go through when they get home.

I often thank soldiers when I see them out around town. (If it's an appropriate place to interrupt them.)

Back to the Happy Thread, these homecomings are always great to see. I remember running into some other Happy Thread material, but haven't had a chance to go look for it yet.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Well lets see. Their are barely any posts in this thread. Now when Apple releases an iPhone or when you seem to like something people post like crazy. When someone starts a Veterans Day thread hardly anyone posts in it.

I just thought it would be nice to see people post in a thread like this and give props to the good things. Like soldiers coming home. Saying thanks to the Vets on Veterans Day. The usual people do but that's it. It's kinda sad.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I think you may be reading too much into the silence. Vets coming home doesn't just make me happy, it stirs up a lot of other emotions, too. Most of them aren't happy, so I don't post in The Happy Thread.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Well lets see. Their are barely any posts in this thread. Now when Apple releases an iPhone or when you seem to like something people post like crazy. When someone starts a Veterans Day thread hardly anyone posts in it.

I just thought it would be nice to see people post in a thread like this and give props to the good things. Like soldiers coming home. Saying thanks to the Vets on Veterans Day. The usual people do but that's it. It's kinda sad.
There's nothing to debate when something good happens. What am I supposed to say?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
No happy thread can be complete without this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0V4TZAyd8I]Ren & Stimpy Happy Helment Joy Joy song - YouTube[/ame]

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
There's nothing to debate when something good happens. What am I supposed to say?

So there always has to be a debate? Hell I don't know say something nice. For me its nice to see these people come home to their family.

I guess I enjoy commenting on something good in the world. With all the bad shit out there it's just nice to see some good things.

There ya go!!! Nice post!!!