The Discovery Channel Shows

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Anybody here watch some of The Discovery Channel Shows? I found myself watching the The Discovery Channel more and more. These are some of the shows that I mainly enjoy watching:

MythBusters
    Dirty Jobs
    Prototype This
    Deadliest Catch
    Man vs. Wild
    Survivorman
    Cash Cab

2. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

I love ALL the educational channels and gladly so do my kids.

3. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

I've never been a big fan of Mythbusters for some reason. Everytime I watch it, it's much ado about nothing.

At our house, we love Nat Geo & The Science Channel.

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Absolutely the Discovery HD, The Learning Channel HD and National Geographics HD, History HD and my local PBS HD. I could live with those channels.

5. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

I think The Science Channels goes back to what the Discovery Channel used to be in the 80s. I LOVE the Science Channel and I'm glad I get it in HD too!

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Discovery used to be better. Mythbusters is fun, but the rest of it is sorta lame. History and History International used to be much, much better. Now it's all Jesus and aliens.

7. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

If you're up late tonight/morning, the Science Channel is having an all night marathon of a show called Weird Connections.

It's good stuff. Check it out.

Weird Connections : Science Channel

8. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Didn't you know that Jesus is on the alien mothership that will be arriving December 21, 2012 to take us to the promised land? I thought everyone knew that...

9. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Sorry, my world ended on July 5th, 1998 when Bob saved me from the X-ists. Apocalypse never, now.

[​IMG]

10. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Sorry bro, not us, only those that believe. I guess you won't be going anywhere! LOL

11. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

+1

I used to watch History Channel to see Dark Age torture devices, Roman/Greek battle analysis, and seeing Nazis get their butts kicked. Now it's nothing but aliens, UFO's, Bigfoot, Ice Road Truckers and lumberjacks.

Can someone please tell me what the hell driving an 18 wheeler on ice or cutting off a limb with a chainsaw has to do with f'in history? :confused:

12. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I dig many of the shows on Discovery and have for years. Right now my wife and I are on a ghost kick. Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Most Haunted, and Paranormal State. :eek:

13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Why? They never find ghosts. I've never understood the attraction of those shows. Please explain now.

14. MM

MM Administrator

I really miss Holmes on Homes that was on The Discovery Home channel (now Planet Green).

I don't think that show is on in the US anymore. :scratch:

15. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Holmes on Homes

I found this on wikipedia

16. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I miss, It Takes A Thief on the Discovery Channel.

17. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Ghost Adventures usually digs up something good, and Ghost Hunters is good for an occasional EVP. But GH is generally lame. It's basically American Chopper for ghosts.

18. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Someone found a ghost??? WTF?

19. MM

MM Administrator

But there is nothing under the "shows" section of TLC.com.

20. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I'm probably guessing when it came back on in June of 08, maybe it didn't last long and went back off the air and someone on wikipedia didn't update it, sorry thought that could have helped yea.